Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Ice at North Cape (panos + video)

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
The area known as North Cape is located at the northwestern tip of P.E.I. This is one of the areas of the Island where the tides of the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the Northumberland Straight meet. As the area is known for its windy conditions, the Wind Energy Institute of Canada was located there about 40 years ago where it continues to do research and study today alongside the North Cape Wind Farm.

All the pics except the last one are 9-shot horizontal panos stitched with MS's ICE. The resolution on these uploaded pics has been reduced by 50% to save on file size.

North Cape Ice_1.jpg

North Cape Ice_2.jpg

North Cape Ice_3.jpg

North Cape Ice_4.jpg

North Cape Ice_5.jpg

North Cape Ice_6.jpg

North Cape Ice_7.jpg

Great photos! I use ICE all the time. One of the best free programs there is.

Last edited:
Reactions: RotorWash
The area known as North Cape is located at the northwestern tip of P.E.I. This is one of the areas of the Island where the tides of the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the Northumberland Straight meet. As the area is known for its windy conditions, the Wind Energy Institute of Canada was located there about 40 years ago where it continues to do research and study today alongside the North Cape Wind Farm.

All the pics except the last one are 9-shot horizontal panos stitched with MS's ICE. The resolution on these uploaded pics has been reduced by 50% to save on file size.

View attachment 12492

View attachment 12493

View attachment 12494

View attachment 12495

View attachment 12496

View attachment 12497

View attachment 12498
Wow, beautiful and cold

View attachment 12492

View attachment 12493

View attachment 12494

View attachment 12495

View attachment 12496

View attachment 12497

View attachment 12498
Great shots, really "COOL" pictures!

Thanks everyone for your very kind comments & likes, all are greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Nice shots. The red PEI rocks against the white ice and blue sky looks great.

Chris

Incredible shots, the ice is stunning, great exposure, me too in Canada, just been too windy , cold, or windy and cold to get airborne!
Today -21 with windchill.
You live in a beautiful part.

Last edited:
Incredible shots, the ice is stunning, great exposure, me too in Canada, just been too windy , cold, or windy and cold to get airborne!
Today -21 with windchill.
You live in a beautiful part.
Thank you Gduk, -21, that'll trim the feathers of any wannabe bird! Hope it warms up for you soon. Seems to have been a harsh winter for flying in most parts this year. I'm constantly watching weather reports 7 days ahead, now my wife asks me what the weather is going to be instead of checking online. :D

Beautiful shots RotorWash....wish I had your locations but not the weather....oh, hang on, they come in a package!
Oh well...keep it up and keep sharing, pls!!
PS: I also use MS ICE for all my panos...so easy and good results.
Cheers, and stay safe.

Beautiful winter scenery! I assume you intentionally sync'd the video transitions with the music? Nicely done!

Beautiful winter scenery! I assume you intentionally sync'd the video transitions with the music? Nicely done!
Thanks very much SoccerRef12! Yes I tried to sync it, I'm improving with that skill but still need more practice with it. Appreciate your comments!

Seeing all that ice & snow, I'm glad I'm in central Texas where it's supposed to hit 80°F today!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme