Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

If a Drone Could Record Sound (Resica Falls)

joeke3el

Join
Jun 25, 2019
What if a drone had silent props and motors? Here I attempted to join footage from Resica falls with the sound of the falls dubbed in to simulate what that might be like. I think the possibilities are interesting. Video taken with the DJI Spark, sound recorded on an iPhone.

Very cool! When you got close to the falls, I actually felt the water spray on my face [emoji6] What a great idea. At the end you could have added the sound of your bike to complete the effect. Well done.

Reactions: joeke3el
Nicely flown as always. You did a good job of modulating the volume levels to match the sound and visual perspectives. The Spark in capable hands continues to amaze. Thanks for sharing.

Simply brilliant. Nice improvisation by using the audio recorded with your phone. Your idea of the drone itself recording sound seems a bit futuristic at the moment but who knows what the future has in store for us. Back in the 80s, who would have believed it if someone said that you can get shots like these of a waterfall with a palm sized flying camera?

What if a drone had silent props and motors? Here I attempted to join footage from Resica falls with the sound of the falls dubbed in to simulate what that might be like. I think the possibilities are interesting. Video taken with the DJI Spark, sound recorded on an iPhone.

Really Really nice video, and the sound was as if you were Riding the Back of Sparkie. Super Video, I really enjoyed what you did. Thanks

Nice job and not far fro me. You’ll have to do Buckhill falls next.

Nice job!. Not far from my neck of the woods. You’ll have to do Buckhill Falls next.
I did like the natural sound effects.

Very smooth flying, movements, and editing. Excellent job on the sound also. You made it sound like your phone was strapped to the drone.

Very cool! When you got close to the falls, I actually felt the water spray on my face [emoji6] What a great idea. At the end you could have added the sound of your bike to complete the effect. Well done.

Thanks for watching it, Jerry.

Joe

Simply brilliant. Nice improvisation by using the audio recorded with your phone. Your idea of the drone itself recording sound seems a bit futuristic at the moment but who knows what the future has in store for us. Back in the 80s, who would have believed it if someone said that you can get shots like these of a waterfall with a palm sized flying camera?

Yes, who knows what they'll have in the future! Thank you for watching.

Awesome flying!

Awesome! Very smart idea! How did you change the pitch, volume and stereo positioning of the sound? All in the video editing software? Did you really fly the spark between trees and branches?!?!

Thank you for sharing!

O so cool flying and such great approaches to the waterfall. The sound made the video come alive with interest. Thank you for sharing.

Awesome! Very smart idea! How did you change the pitch, volume and stereo positioning of the sound? All in the video editing software? Did you really fly the spark between trees and branches?!?!

Hi AGallo,

Thanks for watching it. After filming, I walked around along side the river and falls trying to recreate the places the Spark was. (without going into the water of course LOL) So, some of the sound was recorded while I was walking towards or away from the falls. The rest was achieved by adjusting the volume in the editing software. Yes, I flew around branches but the whole day was shot in tripod mode and while getting close to trees and such I was standing right behind the Spark for the best view I could get. Thanks again!

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef