Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Installing a Mini 2 iPad on a Spark/Mavic Controller

Oliver Blitz

Join
Jun 17, 2017
Installing Mini 2 iPad on Spark Controller.jpg Here's what I've been doing since getting my Mavic last fall and now my Spark. I purchased and dedicated this Mini iPad 2 for this use exclusively on the controller(s). IMHO this is the very best overall solution for great video, convenience, speed, full retention of controller access and no extra cost or bits to lose. The 4 reportedly fits also, but I have not tried one. A non pilot friend has one, I'll try it next time I see him and report. View attachment 235

Reactions: weiss.hank
Especially now that their (iPad Mini 4) are selling so cheap. I use mine on all my DJI platforms.

E1B39FB8-EC87-4811-B177-7495CFDD6997_zpsw9sizsv2.jpg

Obviously a real fan of the iPad mini 4.

:cool:

Have you been able to run DJI GO4 with the Mini 2? I tried on mine and it ran but I got a message about the CPU being at full load almost immediately.

No problem at all running GO4 on my Mini 2, been doing that since October with the Mavic. I do close everything else as a matter of course, maybe you have some greedy app snarfling around in the background? (Not being an Apple fan, I didn't know at first about double-clicking the Mini's home button to see what all is open...)

I wonder if DJI originally designed it to accommodate for the Minis... or was it a sheer coincidence that it happen to fit...
I know DJI's preference with flight devices has always been the minis.

I know this is an old tread (does not help that I'm new to the board) but man, I wish I knew this before. Like a moron, I've tried the bad method Fig. 1 many times and so reluctantly I ended up buying the $20 table holder. Anyways, I'll be trying this method today with a Mini 2. Thanks.

Have you been able to run DJI GO4 with the Mini 2? I tried on mine and it ran but I got a message about the CPU being at full load almost immediately.
I have had no problems with running my IPad Mini 2 with DJI Go4 app [emoji3][emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme