Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Intro

shanover

Join
Apr 24, 2019
Loc
Anderson, SC, USA
Ok, so I received the Spark a bit over a week ago, and my first impressions were how much easier it was to fly than the cheap drones I had bought before, so fluid and simple, stop, and it stays there, go, and it goes. Still getting used to the whole reverse sticks on the way back, as I have never flown RC aircraft before, but trying to get the hang of it. the cheap drones offered 'Headless Mode' which made that not a factor.. but anyway... So far, I am really enjoying it, and having fun in the back yard. I do live in a no fly zone, so every time I have to check the boxes and such to just fly maybe not much more than 20 feet above the ground. I also registered with the FAA just to be legal. I received my goggles today and wish I had read a bit deeper into them, since with the Spark they need the OTG cable to work, which I ordered a bit ago and it will be here Friday, just in time for the weekend!
60 years young this year,
Other hobbies are knife collecting (expensive as well) and my turbocharged 2005 Nissan Sentra (400HP!) which puts the cost of other hobbies to shame!

Really looking forward to using the goggles for FPV of a flight, I think that will be very cool!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: shanover
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, shanover.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Welcome! Enjoy your new hobby... I started at 60 too, and still loving it, and lots to learn.
Cheers

I also joined the drone-club at the same time when joining the 60-club - my son gave me a Spark for my 60th birthday! Not having grown up in the electronic games era, it took me a while to get comfortable with the controller, but I must still think about moving the joysticks, instead of of it coming intuatively!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef