Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

iOS and the offline map thing... Arrrghh!!!

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
This i must admit has been driving me crazy. With the latest iOS version of Go4 (as of today) 4.3.24, there remains no option for maps offline. I downloaded the "here we go" solution, but of course you only get a flat map, not sat. Can anyone improve upon this for me, I dont normally care about the maps, but now I have some new targets in mind, I would like the sat views, these are out of cell service areas.

I've cached my maps from my home WiFi and had them available on site in the past.

I'm not sure how long they stay there, but I have to refresh the map from time to time.

The cached maps do allow a satellite view of the area.

I too, don't care much about the map, unless in a new area. :)

I've cached my maps from my home WiFi and had them available on site in the past.

I'm not sure how long they stay there, but I have to refresh the map from time to time.

The cached maps do allow a satellite view of the area.

I too, don't care much about the map, unless in a new area. :)

Thanks... I read that you should not close the Go4 app once you've cached. There used to be a "Cache Maps Offline" switch, now gone... There is no rational explanation I can find for that being removed from the iOS version of Go4 anywhere. I dont really care about the map also, just the sat info. The Here We Go thing does now support the sat data, but its really low quality.

Ughh! I will just have to keep flipping Do Not Disturb on and hope for the best with my cellular enabled. Wont help much in the boonies up north though.

Wont help much in the boonies up north though.

Just a thought...?

I rented a pair of satellite phones for a cross-country snowmobile trip years ago. It was easy to do with no hassle.

I did a quick Google search and found this.

Satellite hotspot rental.

I'm not sure if this will work, but it's worth a look if planning some time in the boonies?

Maybe something similar to this?

Just a thought...?

I rented a pair of satellite phones for a cross-country snowmobile trip years ago. It was easy to do with no hassle.

I did a quick Google search and found this.

Satellite hotspot rental.

I'm not sure if this will work, but it's worth a look if planning some time in the boonies?

Maybe something similar to this?
Wow, great idea. The Mrs. and I have a plan at some point to rent a motorhome and drive across the real north up here, Nunavut, North West Territories and the Yukon. That would certainly be handy up there!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast