Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Ipad mini 2

Arabak58

Join
Nov 18, 2018
Today i bought an ipad mini 2 with cellular but i could not install dji go 4 on it.it says this ipad is not compatible with dji go4.
Did i buy a wrong ipad?

For me, it is still working perfectly. But I didn't
updated to IOS 12, I did remove all apps that I
could and did swith-off almost all options in the
settings to avoid queries and keep all resources.
Maybe it's no more compatible due to IOS 12...

Just a thought - I read here once that a person had the same issue as you. Turned out it really wasn't a mini2, but older. It was misrepresented.

Just a thought - I read here once that a person had the same issue as you. Turned out it really wasn't a mini2, but older. It was misrepresented.
That person was me.the guy who sold me the mini2 thought it was a 2 but in fact it was the mini 1.got my money back,and now looking for the mini 4

Have two iPad Mini 2. One with LTE 16GB model, second 32GB without cellular. Both on latest iOs 12.0.4. Both working fine with DJI GO 4

That person was me.the guy who sold me the mini2 thought it was a 2 but in fact it was the mini 1.got my money back,and now looking for the mini 4

iPad Mini 4 is only $220 at GameStop. They have a large inventory of them. Unlike most online classifieds they have physical stores and a fair return policy. Too many defective and otherwise misrepresented devices sold elsewhere online.

14698D68-9FB6-4BB4-8C0C-F19D30BFEC9C.jpeg

iPad Mini 2 is so old that Apple no longer supports it. It's just a few DJI Go updates away from obsolescence. Makes sense it you already own one to squeeze every penny of use from it. But IMHO buying a Mini 2 now is not advisable.

Last edited:
FYI - I bought a used mini4 off Ebay, celular, 64Gb for $300 USD. It was in pristine condition.

FYI - I bought a used mini4 off Ebay, celular, 64Gb for $300 USD. It was in pristine condition.

Your cellular model is nicer because it has GPS for live maps even without a SIM card. The wifi only model has no GPS so only cached maps are available.

Good find!

Your cellular model is nicer because it has GPS for live maps even without a SIM card. The wifi only model has no GPS so only cached maps are available.

Good find!
Without the SIM you have to cache the map of the area you want to fly at. Then the IPad GPS tracks you on that map. No SIM = no live maps :)

Reactions: koffe
Then I must have been using cached maps without even realizing it. Worked fine. Ha!
Once I drove an hour to fly only to realize I had not cached the area map. Went to a local restaurant and used their free WIFI :rolleyes:
I've really got to learn how to turn my phone into a WIFI hot spot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis