Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is anyone using the Spark for commercial videos?

StMaus

Join
Aug 5, 2018
I realize that 4K is the latest thing, but I was wondering if anyone is using the Spark for contract work, such as fly-overs of houses for Realtors or car dealerships?

I realize that 4K is the latest thing, but I was wondering if anyone is using the Spark for contract work, such as fly-overs of houses for Realtors or car dealerships?
1080p is still the predominant resolution for stock footage, but the future is 4K; supposedly

4K gives extra data for post production effects such as digital zoom. Fancier drones have other benefits for pros besides 4K such as variable aperture, color grading, custom video settings and most importantly double the flight time.

I bought both my hardly used Sparks from professional videographers who found them too limited when doing it for their main paycheck. Probably just fine for a side job tho

I have done two small jobs with my Spark. It's not ideal in most of those situations, but there definitely some where it can and does come in handy.

Only weddings n free realty stuff. I was ready to upgrade for the bigger picture event, but alas it never was.

Video bitrate is the spark's downfall. There are way too many artifacts for my taste.

Only weddings n free realty stuff.

If you are in the USA, be careful about the "free" for realty use.

If the realtor benefits financial from your work, you and the realtor may be in violation with the FAA unless you have the part 107 commercial pilots license.

I have been learning how to take continual video and then edit out the jerky moves, no moves, and blring stuff, add some non-copyrighted cinamatic background music, for a new Catholic church. The priest was excited when we filmed him on an approach to the front doors, and then recorded an MP3 of him saying welcome and added it to a track, and then export as an MP4. see: www.OLOTL.org and look for the videos. one of our Laborynth.

I am not sure about other states but Texas has a Realtor reg that you need to be part 107 even if you are the realtor/ operator.
Also, if a realtor "hires" or uses a non part 107 pilot, the realtor could lose THEIR license.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar