Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is It Safe To Fly Low Over Water? A Compilation And “How To”

nice scenery :)

Reactions: Simon Cooper
A few tips if you’re thinking of flying over water.

1.Start with fully charged batteries & don’t stretch the flight time.
2.Try to stay away from trees, if you watch “Utube Fails” the easiest way to make a quad swim is 1st hit a tree.
3.The Spark’s bottom senses are confused by moving water, even the ripples from prop wash. It won’t hover steadily.
4.Many bridges have metal in their construction, which interferes with radio & satellite signals.

Like Simon said concentrate on flying, keeping your spark safe.

Nice videos, I like very muchly. Have you ever used or considered using those big styrofoam floatie things I've seen on Amazon?

Really looking forward to the water around here "softening" up a bit so I can try some low flying, or any flying really.

Barbara, thanks for your comments. I’ve seen those things but I haven’t really considered them.

No worries Simon, I’m flattered.
I hope you are aware of the new Australian drone regulations that CASA is proposing. I have started a thread about it.

Koala Tails, no probs, thanks.
Yes, I am aware that all drones over 250g have to be registered. And a test? Pffft. No dramas. I have no issues with paying an annual, nominal fee and providing CASA with my details. I’m a Police Officer. I try to do the right thing and I’m mindful of being a conscientious drone pilot. I’m hoping one day to get my RPAS licence.
I’ll check out your thread.

hi Simon Ive just joined the forum and yours was the first i read, you mention doing your RPAS licence, I'm in South Africa and am interested in what it costs in Australia? Thanks

Satigger, it used to cost $3,500 for a 5 day course. I think the costs have come down a little bit now though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar