Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is Mavic Mini "DJI Fly" software available to Spark?

DerekL

Join
Apr 27, 2019
Watching the demo videos for the newest DJI Mavic Mini, I noticed there is a new controller software. I can't find it in the Android App Store (Google Play) and I was curious if it's compatible with the Spark?

I just got my Spark in April 2019 while travelling in the Philippines, so I don't think I will upgrade to the Mini. Although, if I was able to fly in more places because of less restrictions, I would consider it as in Downtown Toronto there is no place to fly. I live under the flight path for the Air Ambulance, so I can't even launch off my back deck.

Watching the demo videos for the newest DJI Mavic Mini, I noticed there is a new controller software. I can't find it in the Android App Store (Google Play) and I was curious if it's compatible with the Spark?

I just got my Spark in April 2019 while travelling in the Philippines, so I don't think I will upgrade to the Mini. Although, if I was able to fly in more places because of less restrictions, I would consider it as in Downtown Toronto there is no place to fly. I live under the flight path for the Air Ambulance, so I can't even launch off my back deck.
I don’t think the new Fly app will work with the Spark as the current GO4 app has even more features than the new one for the mini.
If anything there will be even more restrictions in the new app. Also, using a different app to skirt the regulations is not a good idea. The regulations are there to protect manned flight in the busiest airspace in Canada.

Chris

Doubtful that it would work on the Spark. The MM software is less capable than that which works with Spark (fewer features, less camera control options, etc.) I can't say for sure about Canada's policy regarding drones weighing less than 250 grams (0.55 lbs), but in the U.S. they are governed by the same regulations as for drones weighing from 0.55 lbs to 55 lbs. The rules are the same, the only difference is that you are not required to register if less than 250 grams IF you are flying as a hobbyist. If you fly under Part 107 certification, it will need to be registered. The GeoFencing built into DJI software that's preventing you from launching off your back deck will likely be the same.

today I decided to give litchy a try, dji go 4 works great but it is almost impossible to navigate and get nice footage when changing direction . At one side it is fun to create a mission on a rainy day or evening, at the other hand sending the bird away on a full automated flight and waiting 10 minutes untill it comes back can be boring .
I followed exactly litchy installation procedure ( with OTG)
Everrything works perfect, even FCC is still working .
as I noticed, there are no more warnings about no fly zones .
Tricky with an harbour , 2 airports and a nuclear powerplant within 25 km . I miss a bit dji keeping an eye on it .
Also I understand all those litchi fly aways . If you don’t do a complete parameter checkup before each flight, one can easy forget a RTH or a crucial height setting.
with all possibilities Litchi and Go4 app are offering , I don’t see the need for buying a MM .

Just because the Mini only weighs 249 grams doesn't mean you can fly it unrestricted. You must adhere to all laws regardless. The only thing that changes is you don't have to register the drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme