Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is spark better than a Yuneec Q500 4k?

ccolt1

Join
Nov 27, 2017
Just curious if the Dji spark is a better ship than the Yuneec Q500 4k copter? I purchased both in the last couple of weeks and just received the Yuneec but was going to send back as I have the Dji spark coming now after more research but now I am concerned with what I've been reading on the forum about the fly a ways that spark is doing now I am concerned and not sure which one to keep as I'm still waiting for the spark. Thanks

by comparison these 2of them. by size being portable and handy easy to fit it in bags. i decided to own a spark is because of the size, weight, handy.less noticeable compare to a huge drone. a phantom 3 bag is as huge as a laugguage travel bag.

Reactions: ccolt1
The Yuneec is superior in terms of image and video quality and you also get a lot for your money with a Yuneec. Where DJI outperforms Yuneec is the software and overall design. However you are not comparing like for like, the Q500 4K is more like a Phantom, possibly a Mavic. If these are your only options stick with the Yuneec.

+1 on this response...

The Q500 is like the Phantom 3 more than the Spark. I owned the Q500 and found it to be a very good drone that comes with alot of extras. The hand-held gimbal unit is really nice not to mention the nice case. The Yuneec also handles winds better and does not have as many "nanny aids"... So you won't be getting a boatload of "warnings" which means you do have to be a more "aware" pilot of your conditions. Its also better in winds...

The Q500 also comes with a remote which has a built-in screen so no need to be hooking up your smart device to it NOR is one needed. So you can keep your phone in your pocket (unless you are using the handheld gimbal).

Now the Q500 doesn't have all the "features" of the Spark. And the Spark has alot of advantages like portability and a bunch of modes... Definitely two different types of drones....

The Yuneec is superior in terms of image and video quality and you also get a lot for your money with a Yuneec. Where DJI outperforms Yuneec is the software and overall design. However you are not comparing like for like, the Q500 4K is more like a Phantom, possibly a Mavic. If these are your only options stick with the Yuneec.

Thank you for the responses I’m still torn to which one to keep. I have the yuneec in its box still waiting to be opened and the spark is on ups on its way. I like the technology of the spark but definitely worried on fly a ways. I can send either one back so I’m not sure which one and this will be my first drone to fly etc etc

If you guys had your choice between the 2 which one would you guys get minus the portability?

I have an Autel XSP, and Yuneec Typhoon H and a spark. Of all of them I really like the spark and if had to choose just one to keep it would be the spark. The ease of use of the spark and it's stability make it a joy to use. Portable or not it's hard not to appreciate the quick setup time of the spark.

there is another important factor is the resale value. either this is a hotcakes product or a product hard sell type? spark accessories are extremely easy to find . finally i like something look very cool .

Screenshot_20171129-003716.png a drone had been waiting for a new buyer ,9 weeks waiting. and my place at times i could see spark re-sold within hours or days.

Just curious if the Dji spark is a better ship than the Yuneec Q500 4k copter? I purchased both in the last couple of weeks and just received the Yuneec but was going to send back as I have the Dji spark coming now after more research but now I am concerned with what I've been reading on the forum about the fly a ways that spark is doing now I am concerned and not sure which one to keep as I'm still waiting for the spark. Thanks

hello absolutely nn keep the q 500 yuneec .. they have a defect that the screws that hold the engines cause cracks on the chassis. i have had the chroma blade that has the same electronics but it is just different in the aesthetics ever and then i would never sell it spark significantly smaller and with better performance

So the yuneec has problems with the airframe cracking by motors?? That’s not good sounds like the spark might be the one but still afraid a little with all the fly a ways of the spark. What other problems due both have? I’m new to the drone hobby but been doing a lot of you tube trying to find out all I can. I first went with the yuneec but after seeing a lot on the spark I ordered but still torn lol but if yuneec has airframe issues than will go with other one

So the yuneec has problems with the airframe cracking by motors?? That’s not good sounds like the spark might be the one but still afraid a little with all the fly a ways of the spark. What other problems due both have? I’m new to the drone hobby but been doing a lot of you tube trying to find out all I can. I first went with the yuneec but after seeing a lot on the spark I ordered but still torn lol but if yuneec has airframe issues than will go with other one

I have no experience with Yuneec and only two months with the Spark, but the fly away issue scared the begeezus out of me too. So, both here and on the DJI forum, I've read just about every thread about fly aways in its entirety trying to learn all I could/avoid having a similar experience (50+ threads easily). I have yet to find one where the end result was not attributable to pilot error/inexperience, or just unsafe flying.

Most of them seem to occur because Spark loses its compass data and automatically kills the GPS lock (when it gets different info from GPS and compass, it kills the GPS as it doesn't know which is right, and only needs the compass to get pointed back in the right direction...or so it thinks). Once the GPS is gone, if the drone is out of line of sight, you're eff'ed. It will drift with the wind, and you can't see it to fly it home manually (this is 70% of the fly away threads I've read). The others are a mix RTH problems - most having to do with controller disconnects and either no home point was recorded, or home point is recorded, but RTH altitude is set improperly so drone crashes into trees, buildings, etc on the way home. Also seen issues with properly set RTH altitude, but flying in fog so the thing can't see the ground/thinks it's 1 inch high due to fog underneath, then just climbs until it dies.

That said, based on what I've read/experienced thus far, if you use your head and always fly in safe conditions/make sure all settings are done properly/test the compass/GPS very close by (fly 2 feet in each direction + 360 yaw right after takeoff/close to you), you should be able to significantly mitigate the Fly Away risk.

That's all I know, but if fly aways are your only hang up and you don't need 4k video, I have 0 complaints about my Spark.

Reactions: wsalopek and ccolt1
I had ZERO issues with my Q500. These cracks appears on some of them but there were ZERO failures attributed to these cracks. Its like the cracks that appears on some Phantoms. There has yet to be conclusive evidence that these cracks had caused a loss of the drone... For those that were really concerned, there were aftermarket motor mounts. Interesting thing to note is that these "cracks" on the motor mounts were not discovered because of a failure. Someone started taking their Q500 apart and noticed cracks in the motor mounts. So other people started taking theirs apart and saw the same thing. Again, it wasn't discovered because a motor had fallen off...

Regarding fly-aways. Fly aways can happen to ANY drone. I've read/heard of fly-aways on EVERY drone I've ever owned. There are so many factors that can affect this. Now there are some drones that seem to have more than their share of fly aways that don't seem to necessarily be user error. But the Q500 is not one of them nor do "I" feel the Spark is one of those,

Buy the Spark,excellent quality and performance, and get the care and refresh. Dji is responsive and helpful, if a little hard to understand. But you can always get attention to your issue.

Thank you guys a lot! I appreciate you guys letting me know what you think about it. I think I will be sending the Yuneec back and keeping the spark when it gets here. I wouldn't mind keeping both but want the best one for now especially being new to the hobby... thanks again and I hope I calibrate etc etc right when the spark gets here to avoid a fly away

Thank you guys a lot! I appreciate you guys letting me know what you think about it. I think I will be sending the Yuneec back and keeping the spark when it gets here. I wouldn't mind keeping both but want the best one for now especially being new to the hobby... thanks again and I hope I calibrate etc etc right when the spark gets here to avoid a fly away

Happy flying, the flyaway issue is universal to all drones so try not to fixate on it.

well .. you will read it all is a member of the forum .. in effect the problems of the cracks were discovered in "random way" and not before an engine has dropped .... i personally have a drone that on the frame begin with crepe nn i'm too happy..this saw since i had the chroma blade and that the electronics is the same as q 500 other "problems" are that the display of the radio monitor is very poor in brightness and nn can be adjusted, but, the worst thing is that in the drone setting when RTH activates the height of the drone "returns" to the current height that is located .. due to this defect the chroma I lost it (but then I got lucky and l I found this species if you are flying behind a mountain or other you nn see more the drone and doing rth if you find obstacles he goes to adjo .. I confirm spark or if you want something more mavic !!!

LOL! The OP wasn't even asking about the Mavic. And your statement that "...worries will disappear..." by getting a Mavic is just not true. The Mavic is a drone like the Spark or Q500. It suffers the same "potential" problems as the Spark, Q500, or any drone. All one has to do is search/read through the MavicPilots forum for flyaway, falling out the sky, landing over water, loss of connection to remote or search any of the "sister" pilot forums and you will see they are all susceptible to some malfunction...

No drone is perfect...

spend a bit more.....get a mavic pro.
all your " not sure" worries will disappear .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis