Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is spark better than a Yuneec Q500 4k?

Keep the drone that suits your needs, does the spark have issues, yes. Does yuneec? yes. They all have the pros and cons. The spark is a great aircraft, so is the q500. I know a few people with both. The q500 is gonna get you more cinematic shots due to the cgo camera on it. The spark footage looks good, but not 4 k, its not perfect taking stills outdoors especially if its windy. Thats due to the size, not the camera. The gps on the spark I think is not very good, it losses signal often. I love my spark I just dont fly it out of my site. I have both companies in my fleet. I like them both. I have never flown a q500 but I own the H which has a cgo camera. If your reason to buy a drone is to fly a mile out take a few photos and videos, then spark is for you.

LOL, obviously you can't read... My signature says what I own and fly.... Here let me help you; DJI Inspire, DJI Phantom 4, DJI Mavic Pro, DJI Spark, etc...

My "beef" is when someone makes a ridiculous statement or statement that is not true...

oh dear..touched a nerve there..obviously not a mavic owner..ha,.

I can't comment on the Yneec because I don't have one and have never flown one. But I do want to comment on the Spark fly away concern. I love my Spark and have not had any issues with it. I think that many of the fly always are experienced by people that don't know how to fly. What I mean is that they are buying the Spark as their first drone and relying on gps and altitude hold and sensors to do everything for them. I flew a lot of inexpensive toy grade and cheap brushless birds to learn how to fly before I bought the Spark. I really believe that to be the best way to learn. My fly always and crashes didn't cost me hundreds of dollars. I learned to fly with the tiniest micros up to 3s brushless. Flying the Spark in comparison is easy. But when I lose orientation or get put in atti mode, I know how to gain control and fly home safely.. The way the Spark is marketed has certainly contributed to this. My advice to a newbie would be to not spend hundreds for your first drone. You will ultimately crash and burn. Buy something cheap and learn to fly and you will know when you are ready to take the next step.

Reactions: Eljay
. I think that many of the fly always are experienced by people that don't know how to fly.

That's my sense as well, possibly combined with being right at the edge of their range with iffy conditions (wind that pushes the drone around). You can't rely on RTH to be a magic bullet especially if you didn't get a good home position fix to start with. I keep watching these videos where the drone did something weird and the "pilot" just kind of stands there watching it instead of actual piloting.

That said, based on what I've read/experienced thus far, if you use your head and always fly in safe conditions/make sure all settings are done properly/test the compass/GPS very close by (fly 2 feet in each direction + 360 yaw right after takeoff/close to you), you should be able to significantly mitigate the Fly Away risk.

That's all I know, but if fly aways are your only hang up and you don't need 4k video, I have 0 complaints about my Spark.

Burdman...nice right up...

--

Bill

Reactions: Burdman44
You have to be prepared to loose money on this hobby, flyaways can happen any time and any place, you can mitgate this as Burdman describes but it's not 100% fool proof.

My friend and I were flying identically set up sparks and theirs just flew away and landed in the ocean and was lost, while mine performed perfectly 30m away, so it's pure luck

Reactions: Burdman44

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis