Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is the new smart controller compatible

Kidding aside... Android phones and tablets go into charge mode when connected up to the Spark or Mavic controllers via the OTG cable. The RC battery discharges more quickly.... especially
a big tablet. The Mavic has a second Usb port, and many of us use a usb power hub to actually replenish the Controller while we fly. Can't do that with the Spark. There is a You Tube video where a guy cuts the 5v+ wire in the OTG cable, and indeed the phone charging ceases, but there seem to be issues with connectivity. So, using the WiFi to connect will solve the phone charging issue, but WIFi connection is iffy, from my experience. I'm giving up on my Androids, and springing for an Ipad Mini 4.... Fits the jaws of the controller, and doesn't suck the Controller battery dry.

No need for large fone screen that don't fit controller ?
Just buy an old used SE iPhone, or iPhone 6, dedicate it only to your spark, that's the way to go !
No dramas .... simple !
best part about Spark is that it is so small, almost stealth like, why do you need extra items to set up & drawn more attention like huge screens, totally wasted effort IMO

Exactly what I use my old iPhone 6s for now. It even gets packed in the Spark case with the other accessories. Works well with the controller.

Exactly what I use my old iPhone 6s for now. It even gets packed in the Spark case with the other accessories. Works well with the controller.
To small for me, maybe a 6 plus, I like a bigger screen that is my issue now. Been looking for a good tablet that is cheap. but no luck. Guess I will be buying another J7 sky pro i know it works cause i have one 5.5inch screen is wider then longer fits perfect in the stock mount but also will fit in the phone/tablet holder i purchased.

It's a nice controller, but I like the placement of mounts like the MavMount much more. Closer to your eyes and you can get a much larger screen size for the money. Easy to rig a MavMount / iPad with the Spark controller... and cheap!
iu

Reactions: Hemphog
It's a nice controller, but I like the placement of mounts like the MavMount much more. Closer to your eyes and you can get a much larger screen size for the money. Easy to rig a MavMount / iPad with the Spark controller... and cheap!
iu
I like that mavmount. That's pretty sweet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe