Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is the Spark still relevant?

Captain drone was trying too hard to crash his Spark. ?

Steve is a good reviewer. I think for some time to come it will still be relevant. The mavic mini thing might change that... especially if it comes in at the 399 USD price point. I believe the Spark will still be sought after for some time to come.

Love my Spark wouldn't be without it. For those days when its too windy or wet, I recently bought a Tello. Just great fun and the camera isn't too shabby. Best thing is the wife doesn't seem to mind too much, me flying it around the house

Reactions: I B Spectre
Depends on your definition of "relevant", I suppose. If your the type who always has to have the best, top of the line, fastest, longest, strongest, bestest...then the argument could be made that the Spark has never been relevant. If, on the other hand, you enjoy flying a compact, relatively inexpensive drone with amazing (for the cost) capabilities for fun, then it will remain relevant until you are no longer having fun.

Case in point, in 1984 I purchased a brand new '85 Honda ATC250R. Arguably the best 3-wheeler ever produced (Honda stopped production of 3-wheelers after 1986), it is completely irrelevant by today's standards. However, I still own that same bike, it is built-to-the-hilt, and it still performs flawlessly out in the dunes. Relevant? To me it certainly is, and in fact it's value has been increasing over the past 10 years.

Relevancy is dependent on what you want/require/enjoy.

1st drone.............Spark
2nd drone............Tello, I gave it to my grand daughter.
3rd drone.............Spark, I gave it to my son.
4th drone.............Phantom 4Pro, Sold it after 2 weeks.
5th drone.............Mavic Pro, Gave it to my son-in-law.
6th drone.............Mavic Pro Alpine, Still have it and flew it today.

NOTE: I still have the 1st Spark and fly it regularly, so, Yes, it is still relevant.

My Sparks will always be in use & relevant, providing I can get additional batteries of which I have still 5.
Interesting, the Spark is obviously being Phased out as they are getting scarce new in stores in Australia now anyway. I still have Three & one new unopened ? I use it weather permitting a few times a week ! I will look on with interest at the Mavic Mini it's said to be slightly light but I don't see that as a worry 'cost my Sparks have never had issues with wind.If you are thinking of getting one I'd do it sooner than later, although there are some coming available 2nd hand at times. Batteries are getting scarce too I am told !
Shot using my SPARK in strong winds !IRP_1708.jpeg

I was doing some location scouting for a low budget movie, and the forest I was scouting was pretty tight. My M2P didn’t want to go through without obstacle avoidance off, and I didn’t want to wreck my M2P, so I grabbed my Spark, and was able to get a decent walking speed fly through for the director to look at. So yes, the Spark is still relevant.

I had mine for over a year and a half and still like how it flies does everything it was advertised to do it's my go-to drone

I had my first crash with my Spark 2 weeks ago.. Total pilot error when I was flying around the 5 story condo where I live and flew at full sport mode speed into the 5th floor concrete wall around back of some trees where I couldn't see where it was pointed well enough. After hearing the crash with hands off the control levers I ran around the trees expecting parts on the ground and the Spark was there hovering 6ft off the wall 40ft up waiting for control. I flew it down and there was a paint mark on one arm but nothing broken. I think the Mini would be on the ground in pieces and I wouldn't trade my Spark for a brand new mini.

My Sparks will always be in use & relevant, providing I can get additional batteries of which I have still 5.
Interesting, the Spark is obviously being Phased out as they are getting scarce new in stores in Australia now anyway. I still have Three & one new unopened ? I use it weather permitting a few times a week ! I will look on with interest at the Mavic Mini it's said to be slightly light but I don't see that as a worry 'cost my Sparks have never had issues with wind.If you are thinking of getting one I'd do it sooner than later, although there are some coming available 2nd hand at times. Batteries are getting scarce too I am told !
Shot using my SPARK in strong winds !View attachment 11627
Beautiful picture ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe