Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Issues again

bennie

Join
Jul 23, 2017
So i have clocked up nearly 3 hours flight time with my spark and to be honest it is just getting worse the photos have become the size of thumb nails with extreme poor quality the video is getting more and more jumpy with lots of pixilation connection between rc and drone is dropping out and coming back within 10 meters max flight distance i have got is 160 meters but then had full disconnect and rth kicked in i did a compass re calibration and tried to do an imu re calibration but it got stuck on step 2 for 60% of one battery i understand the spark is new but really a useless tool to me the way it is

So sorry to hear that. Have you tried resetting everything and start from the beginning? And make sure no bluetooth devices nearby (i have smartwatch and yes that interferes too.. and my wife iphone bluetooth has to be turned off too). I am clocking around 2.5 hours now (based on around 13 mins of flight per battery, yes I landed early) and still no problems at all. fingers crossed it stays the same.
Ok I got once that calibration stuck at step 2 for some reasons, but when I moved to another place, it was ok. So maybe some strong magnetic things around that area.
I do however only getting less than 1km distance, so I am trying this OTG connection thing as some youtuber actually gets almost 3km with this (??!!)

Hi Benni, have you had any luck resolving this? i have the same issues, even ast close range flights (0-40m) the video can be jumpy even on playback. the max range ive had is 460m and the video on these longer range flights(50m+) is nothing short of disappointing. ive contacted DJI support who are telling me to get an OTG cable but if its not supplied with one and boasts about 1000m+ range why should it be required? ive also lost the ability to gesture control.

This sounds like something you need to take up with DJI. That sounds faulty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502