Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

it's been a while

Highflyer

Join
Nov 10, 2018
Loc
Sanborn, Mn (USA)
its been a while since I've been on just checking in to see how everyone is doing? I haven't done any flying except for the other day, only flew two batteries had a good storm come in. flying went good nothing worth posting maybe next time. I do have two questions do I have to recalibrate if I add anything on the drone? I don't fly with prop guards or anything else on it. my other question is anyone tried the master airscrew props? if so are they good? I use mas props on my planes and love them.

Thanks, Jeff :cool:

Hello Highflyer. The same for me, been absent of the forum a few
months and didn't fly a lot this year. Mostly because of the weather.
I got a set of red Master Airscrew props since September and I like them. I use them on long flight sessions (draining all my batteries).
For me, it worth the 30 seconds it takes to switch props. I feel more
"relax" using one piece props, the sound pitch is a little lower so they
are a little less noisy and, like a few users, I notice a minute or so more
flight time(or reserve) especially on flight with long hovering period.
For the calibration, well, some recalibrate frequently, for my part, I do
calibration if the bird act strangely or if IMU or compass error appears.
I don't calibrate every time I snap-on my strobe bracket or lens shade.
As we calibrate the Spark manually, I don't think that it would "feel" accessories during calibration. We got to keep the bird well balance
with add-ons and avoid to block the antennas & downward sensors.

Reactions: Highflyer
Hello Highflyer. The same for me, been absent of the forum a few
months and didn't fly a lot this year. Mostly because of the weather.
I got a set of red Master Airscrew props since September and I like them. I use them on long flight sessions (draining all my batteries).
For me, it worth the 30 seconds it takes to switch props. I feel more
"relax" using one piece props, the sound pitch is a little lower so they
are a little less noisy and, like a few users, I notice a minute or so more
flight time(or reserve) especially on flight with long hovering period.
For the calibration, well, some recalibrate frequently, for my part, I do
calibration if the bird act strangely or if IMU or compass error appears.
I don't calibrate every time I snap-on my strobe bracket or lens shade.
As we calibrate the Spark manually, I don't think that it would "feel" accessories during calibration. We got to keep the bird well balance
with add-ons and avoid to block the antennas & downward sensors.
Great thank you. I have 10 sets of folding props thought about trying MAS ones just ordered two sets.

Hello HF, Welcome back. Here in Ireland the summer was April and May. Weather is now shocking so minimal flying. Don't worry we all experience gaps. I also have the red master screws, excellent props.

its been a while since I've been on just checking in to see how everyone is doing? I haven't done any flying except for the other day, only flew two batteries had a good storm come in. flying went good nothing worth posting maybe next time. I do have two questions do I have to recalibrate if I add anything on the drone? I don't fly with prop guards or anything else on it. my other question is anyone tried the master airscrew props? if so are they good? I use mas props on my planes and love them.

Thanks, Jeff :cool:

Welcome back. :)

I have added strobes along with the prop guards and have not recalibrated the Spark. You should be good to go.

I have a green set of MAS props and no problems, other than they don't fold for easy storage if needed.

Greetings from Central Moose and Wolfland... (sorry, I mean Canada!) I would recommend doing an IMU and compass calibration just in case your Spark was anywhere near magnets during storage. It cant do any harm.

All are healthy in my world, so far so good. But we are isolated to begin with, so the 2.5 people here per square mile have been pretty scarce!

Cant speak to the MAS props, I am still on my first set, never been nicked, grazed or abused so far. Seem to work fine. The slightly lower audible pitch of the MAS props along with the cool colours are appealing however.

Fly safe!

I just got a set of blue MAS props. Thought I’d try them out since I have a set for my P3S. The pitch is noticeably quieter. I kinda like that they don’t fold up - less points of failure and it doesn’t take long to install them.

Chris

Thanks, guys for getting back to me ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef