Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Jittery footage when camera pointing down

W.Ryder

Join
Jan 4, 2018
Hey, just brought a spark and loving it, footage from it is Awesome, but I noticed that the footage from when the camera is pointing straight down is real jittery like the frame rate is wrong. When it's pointed forward it's fine, video is smooth and there is no problems.
Anyone know what's causing it or how to fix it?

Hey, just brought a spark and loving it, footage from it is Awesome, but I noticed that the footage from when the camera is pointing straight down is real jittery like the frame rate is wrong. When it's pointed forward it's fine, video is smooth and there is no problems.
Anyone know what's causing it or how to fix it?

Is that on the live video feed, or the video on the SD card?

Can you post it on here so we can take a look?
Also, set your Spark up as normal, but don’t take off. Pick it up by hand and point the gimbal down and see if the gimbal is shaking around.

It's worse on imovie so wondering if it's something on there, but the footage facing forward has no problems. Also maybe need to fly slower.
Could it possibly be the electronic stabilization? I know if you move a gopro hero 5 to fast it can get jumpy if stabilization is on.

Hi Mate, Can you repost the video? I think I am having the same exact problem.

-Does it get jittery with forward and back motion or is it just left to right? For me it is left and right.
-Do you have a problem when it is 90% down? 80%? For me anything below "level" will cause jitter when it is moved left/right.

I have this issue. I’m guessing for me it’s mechanical. It is jittery when pointing anywhere but horizontal. The camera also can’t seem to stay level with the horizon. Anyone else having that issue?

I noticed the same issue when I was flying really low to the ground (~2m) with the camera pointing straight down. When I moved forward or backward, the video was really jittery and unusable. I tried every trick like TRIPOD mode, reducing the sensitivity of joystick but nothing seemed to work. I didn't check with the sideways movements though. However, while flying at a greater height (20m+), there was no such issue even when I was flying in P-mode or while doing RTH.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav