Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Jittery POV footage and other issues!!

Si_dean

Join
Feb 25, 2018
Hi All,

Had my drone a few months now n something has to be wrong with it but i don’t know what?

I fly with conteoller and an OTG cable attached to either my ipad or iphone.

I’ll set you through the motion of wjat happens EVERYTIME.

I go up in the air to around 80-100 metres and im in the middle of a field with other fields and a land fill site nearby. Theres no obvious signs of interfearance (like electeicity pylons etc). Yes there are lots of houses nearby.... but my brother flys his spark feom his back garden with plenty of houses around and his has worked perfectly fine.
So i put it into sport mode and fly it away from me and first of all..... the footage is very jittery on my phone whereby i can see a car driving round the road then the footage will freeze for a few seconds then reaume again, and when i pan up and down with the camera gimbal the footage for a few seconds is very grainy and distorted (almost pixilated) then its becomes More clearer as if the picture de-pixalates itself Then it will be fine for like 15 seconds or so before goinf very grainy and jittery again .... then clear again.

Now thats my first issue....
My second issue is this....

Everytime without fail (i dont go very far from Myself in terms of distance “so yes.... i can still see in sight” the picture on my phone which the drone is seeing flashes black and white then goes back colour again and it says a few things such as this.....

* Exit ATTI mode
* Exit GPS
* Connection Lost

I can stil regain controll and bring it back to me but it does this and ive NEVER been able to properly fly the dam thing.

It also memtions something about an IMU or CPU which comes up in yellow.

Ive read it can be down the compass but i already did a compass calibration as it asled me to ..... but again in addition to the other stuff above it says this in yellow highlignted box alert!

There is no big interference as its just a lod of fields and houses n that.

I have also tried flying in 2.4ghz mode and 5.8ghz auto cannel bit both are exactly the same.

I’ve given up because i dont know what else to do now? I cant trust the drone enough to fly it a good distance as i guarantee it will loose connection and show all the above flashing on the screen.
Miracously the closer i bring the deone to me the clearer the picture : video feed becomes and i dont have any of the above warning alerts flashing at me!

And yes the atennas are
Facing in their correct position too!

I wish someone could just look at it for me and tell me what i need to do.

Is it possible to reset the drone completely and would this help?

I dont know anything about the log files that i hear people go on about! Im
A newbie to this and i just want to be able to fly it properly but i cant! It actually puts me off flying it and after not being able to rsolve the issue i dont know what to do???

Just to add..... my app seems to always say i’m in ATTI mode?
I don’t know what this is or if this is normal.
Within the DJI app were there is a small thumbnail white pic of a drone.... well next to that it always says ATTI !
Feom reading about it i still dont know wjat exactly it or does ither than when interference is detected it does that??
I dont know how to change from
This mode as there is no option too and greyed out?
I bought this on ebay so perhaps they had it in this mode i dont know? Mirroring what ive said on my other post - is it possible to wipe ans start everything from fresh.

Oh, the app also says my SD Card is slow too!

..... oh and one of the other alerts that also comes up is something about “P-GPS mode ??

Did you record your flight? Sportmode is not the best setting for recording video unless you’re headed straight out with no banking. If it still happens in P mode (Normal flying) then there could be something wrong. The fact that you’re bouncing back and forth from atti mode to gps mode usually indicates no satellite coverage. Atti mode simply means that your aircraft is not being controlled with the assistance of GPS tracking, which makes your craft unstable while hovering and in flight. You definitely don’t want to fly that way. IMU calibraion is extremely important to a stable flight as well. In regards to satellites you should see no less tan 12 satellites at any given time.
A landfill is usually littered with metal of some kind. Does your brother encounter the same problems when flying the same flight path?
About you video reception first off make sure you’re using a card capable of recording full HD Video. Second, play what you HAVE recorded FROM YOUR SD CARD on your PC. See if the same holds true for color loss and overall quality.
As far as resetting your Spark this will not hurt it and if it turns out to be software related, it just might resolve the issue. But if the jittery video turns out to be gimbal related resetting may or may not resolve it.
First thing I would do is check your SD recording on a PC. Next fly in P mode (Normal) and not Sport to see if the same thing happens. Also if you’re using any ND filters even Polar Pro, it might not work very well in Sportmode given the added weight and the bat-out-of-hell speeds that Spark delivers.
Good luck

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast