Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Jittery POV footage / drone in default “ATTI” mode & other issues!

Si_dean

Join
Feb 25, 2018
Hi All,

Had my drone a few months now n something has to be wrong with it but i don’t know what?

I fly with conteoller and an OTG cable attached to either my ipad or iphone.

I’ll set you through the motion of wjat happens EVERYTIME.

I go up in the air to around 80-100 metres and im in the middle of a field with other fields and a land fill site nearby. Theres no obvious signs of interfearance (like electeicity pylons etc). Yes there are lots of houses nearby.... but my brother flys his spark feom his back garden with plenty of houses around and his has worked perfectly fine.
So i put it into sport mode and fly it away from me and first of all..... the footage is very jittery on my phone whereby i can see a car driving round the road then the footage will freeze for a few seconds then reaume again, and when i pan up and down with the camera gimbal the footage for a few seconds is very grainy and distorted (almost pixilated) then its becomes More clearer as if the picture de-pixalates itself Then it will be fine for like 15 seconds or so before goinf very grainy and jittery again .... then clear again.

Now thats my first issue....
My second issue is this....

Everytime without fail (i dont go very far from Myself in terms of distance “so yes.... i can still see in sight” the picture on my phone which the drone is seeing flashes black and white then goes back colour again and it says a few things sunch as this.....

* Exit ATTI mode
* Exit GPS
* Connection Lost

Hi All,

Had my drone a few months now n something has to be wrong with it but i don’t know what?

I fly with conteoller and an OTG cable attached to either my ipad or iphone.

I’ll set you through the motion of wjat happens EVERYTIME.

I go up in the air to around 80-100 metres and im in the middle of a field with other fields and a land fill site nearby. Theres no obvious signs of interfearance (like electeicity pylons etc). Yes there are lots of houses nearby.... but my brother flys his spark feom his back garden with plenty of houses around and his has worked perfectly fine.
So i put it into sport mode and fly it away from me and first of all..... the footage is very jittery on my phone whereby i can see a car driving round the road then the footage will freeze for a few seconds then reaume again, and when i pan up and down with the camera gimbal the footage for a few seconds is very grainy and distorted (almost pixilated) then its becomes More clearer as if the picture de-pixalates itself Then it will be fine for like 15 seconds or so before goinf very grainy and jittery again .... then clear again.

Now thats my first issue....
My second issue is this....

Everytime without fail (i dont go very far from Myself in terms of distance “so yes.... i can still see in sight” the picture on my phone which the drone is seeing flashes black and white then goes back colour again and it says a few things sunch as this.....

* Exit ATTI mode
* Exit GPS
* Connection Lost

What version of GO4 are you using?

What version of GO4 are you using?

Hi,

I’m using the latest version of the DJI app...... literally before i went out earlier on - i went onto my iPad and looked at my many updates available.... one of them being the DJI app so 100% thats ipto date.
I updated the latest firmware yeaterday too. The only thing that i can say (IS NOT) upto date is the “fly safe” feature thingy as i tend to press ignore on that.

One other thing i would also mention (not sure if it has any relevance but thought i’d mention it nonetheless) ..... no matter were i fly around were i live, it always says i’m in a yellow Zone D flying area!

Make sure your ipad or iphone is powerful enough, if its not, it will struggle to render right and DJI keep raising the bar on purpose becuase they are dodgy and in bed with apple, who also scam customers into buying needless upgrades.

Make sure antenna position is right, about half way down is good in 2.4 mode, if 5.8 then straight up and pointing more towards the craft is good.

I used to use OTG, but went back to wifi when i did the FCC hack, and have got up to 2600 meters, usually good for 1200 no problem.

Trying changing it from 2.4 to 5.8 and vice versa and setting a customer channel if you can.

Finally if its Euro Spark, and you've not hacked it to FCC mode, then that will be why, I was about ready to throw my spark in the bin, but since i forced FCC mode I love it to bits.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Both my ipad and iphone are 100% fast enough for the app. I know the DJI APP is a bit of a resource higger so to speak, but yeh both devoces i have are More than powerful enough!

As for the atenna positions, yes i made sure they are positioned correct for the 5.8ghz option, however when I switched to 2.4ghz yesterday i left the atennas in the same position.... so i will try what you said but i genuinly beleive it wont make a difference...... allbeit i will still try.

My brother has the exact same drone and he indeed has done the FCC HACK (via using an android app), because as you say..... apple do have us by the balls on that one.
He has done the gack and also has some sort of extra signal range booster on his control and he does indeed get greater coverage.....
My probably is, before i even go down that route i need to make sure the issue with my drone is fixed before i even “trust it” to fly off and do what its supposed to do!

Why is my drone always saying i’m in ATTI MODE?? How can i come out of this??

Hi,

Why is my drone always saying i’m in ATTI MODE?? How can i come out of this??

is the sport button pushed to the right?
I think that is the atti mode on the spark.

I don't use otg anymore, just use wifi, its easier.

Do you the same ATTI issues everywhere you fly? I get class B, D, all the time. It will detect a mosquito landing zone..lol
But as long as it lets you fly, and are careful, you’re fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast