Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Jonesin' for some Dronesin'

Dodge DeBoulet

Join
Dec 27, 2018
Loc
Maine
Wanna fly.

It''s 8F outside.

:oops::(

I bought some of those bulk black fabric/neoprene work gloves and cut just the index fingerprint area out of them so I could use the tablet ... they're thin enough that the RC joysticks still work well.

They're good for about 20 minutes when the temperature is within 5-10 degrees of freezing. Not good at all for 8F ...

Reactions: Kendallfordguy
I bought some of those bulk black fabric/neoprene work gloves and cut just the index fingerprint area out of them so I could use the tablet ... they're thin enough that the RC joysticks still work well.

They're good for about 20 minutes when the temperature is within 5-10 degrees of freezing. Not good at all for 8F ...

I got a Tello. Sounds like you "need" one too :cool:

Great for indoor fun and practice. Prop guards make it super safe. It even lets you use a game controller for real joystick control.

Reactions: Dodge DeBoulet
The Tello sounds like a great little drone but there are lots of less expensive options of mini drones that have very similar features and have their own controllers as well. I have several mini drones that I can fly indoors and a small RC buggy too. Stay warm inside and still have a lot of fun. ;)

Reactions: Dodge DeBoulet
I got a Tello. Sounds like you "need" one too :cool:

Great for indoor fun and practice. Prop guards make it super safe. It even lets you use a game controller for real joystick control.

I have a few mini drones already, with various levels of sophistication. None have quite the same flying characteristics as the Spark, nor do they have FPV capability. It's the latter in which I'm most interested in gaining proficiency, along with being able to seamlessly switch my mental and muscle-memory orientation between 3PV and FPV.

The Tello sounds like a great little drone but there are lots of less expensive options of mini drones that have very similar features and have their own controllers as well. I have several mini drones that I can fly indoors and a small RC buggy too. Stay warm inside and still have a lot of fun. ;)

I have some of those cheaper mini drones too

I wind up using Tello more because more stable and responsive, decent video feed and camera, programmable flights. And the downward facing optical sensor makes it hover like a GPS quad

If you really know of a cheap quad that does all that please post a link. I could always find room for one more :p

I got a free pair of woolen gloves with the December edition of T3, a techy mag on sale here in the UK. They work really well and seem to have some special material for the ends of the index fingers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef