Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Just fired up my Spark

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Hi all. As the subject says thought I’d power up my Spark for the first time in 3 months (MA2 arrived 3 months ago) and all was well. Checked for firmware updates and anything else that might have needed an update but all good. She started perfectly and although I didn’t TO (in the kitchen) she was raring to go. Once the weather perks up a tad I’ll get her in the air. A Happy safe and healthy New Year to all those left on this wonderful Forum.

That is great twickers! I know you have to be anxious to get your MA2 up for a test drive. Hope your weather allows it soon. Also, thanks for the wishes and a Happy, healthy New Year to you, your family and all the members and friends here. I wish we could get out from under this Covid but it seems less and less likely we are going to see that happen. Take good care my friend.

Hi all. As the subject says thought I’d power up my Spark for the first time in 3 months (MA2 arrived 3 months ago) and all was well. Checked for firmware updates and anything else that might have needed an update but all good. She started perfectly and although I didn’t TO (in the kitchen) she was raring to go. Once the weather perks up a tad I’ll get her in the air. A Happy safe and healthy New Year to all those left on this wonderful Forum.
cheers twickers14 !

What software did you use? The dji software on my android still crashes on open. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail.

What software did you use? The dji software on my android still crashes on open. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail.
I have an iPhone so hooked the Spark up in the normal way (using Go4) with the RC and used my OTG cable to ensure best connection. All done indoors next to our router. There will be other member who can help with Android. Good luck.

I bought a used spark with only a single flight on it last month (batts had 1 and 0 charges respectively) so that I could get back in the air after a long break. Much to my surprise, I've been flying it more than my M2Z and MA ever since. It's still a great little drone that packs quite a punch. DJI did so well on it that it has remained relevant since 2017!

Glad to see folks still getting their Sparks out and flying them.

Still have my spark in regular rotation. I still love the size and durability of it and the fact that it's super discreet. No legs to fold out.

It still has things about it that the mini series does not. Quick release props is important to me. I like to be up in the air quick and the spark can always accommodate that need.

Reactions: BrianP
Still have my spark in regular rotation. I still love the size and durability of it and the fact that it's super discreet. No legs to fold out.

It still has things about it that the mini series does not. Quick release props is important to me. I like to be up in the air quick and the spark can always accommodate that need.
Second that. My wife wants me to sell the Spark and can see where she is coming from BUT it will always have been my first drone (actually I had, and still have, an AR drone, huge great thing which was a nightmare to control but it did do full flips (why did it need that feature!). Keeping Spark in a low profile and will fly now and again.

Reactions: BrianP

Yes. As a Mini owner, I am with you. I flew in 22 mph winds yesterday with gusts around 30 mph. It handled the wind solidly. The Mavic Mini (or mini 2) would have been shredded in those conditions. I am going to upload the video in a minute. Like many pilots over the last 3 years, I moved on to other DJI drones - but I will never let the Spark go. I love the way the video looks. Such blue skies and blue water without filters...just straight off the sd card.

So glad to see there are die-hards still here on these forums!

Yes. As a Mini owner, I am with you. I flew in 22 mph winds yesterday with gusts around 30 mph. It handled the wind solidly. The Mavic Mini (or mini 2) would have been shredded in those conditions. I am going to upload the video in a minute. Like many pilots over the last 3 years, I moved on to other DJI drones - but I will never let the Spark go. I love the way the video looks. Such blue skies and blue water without filters...just straight off the sd card.

So glad to see there are die-hards still here on these forums!
A great endorsement of a great drone.

Reactions: RotorWash
Great news. What transmitter did you use?

Do you mean, which RC? If so the one that came with the Fly More package bought at Best Buy in Naples FL-presume the standard one. Let me know if that’s not what you meant.

Do you mean, which RC? If so the one that came with the Fly More package bought at Best Buy in Naples FL-presume the standard one. Let me know if that’s not what you meant.
Yes, I have that RC, too, But mine runs on software in my phone which I attach to the "claws" of the RC. I am asking if you also run on Apple or Android software?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme