Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Just gone to the darkside!! IOS

bath1968

Join
Aug 22, 2017
Just bought an iPad mini after lots of reading that IOS is the better way to go.
So will post some feedback on how I get on next time I fly.

Excellent....Welcome to the Dark Side.

In fact it's not too bad.

My first Apple purchase as well (mini4 WiFi only), other than an old iPod or two.

I think you'll like it once you learn how to push Apple's buttons to get to where or what you want to do.

It does fit in the controller but felt awkward to me so I purchased a tablet holder with a neck lanyard for comfort and safety from dropping it.

Good Luck.:)

Reactions: bath1968
Me too...my first Apple product as well a 9.7 inch iPad...it works brilliantly with the Spark.

I fly with the Iphone SE. Works pretty good. It is a little small for fitting into cheap googles but still works.

Where did you get your lanyard?

If you fly with the device in the arms of the RC, this may be helpful.

E38CDCD0-BB25-44B5-9CF1-37DC7EE8995C.jpeg E38CDCD0-BB25-44B5-9CF1-37DC7EE8995C.jpeg
Update!!!
Well just done my first flight with my iPad and absolutely what a difference from Android. 100% better ,absolutely no regrets in going over to the dark side and IOS

Reactions: Zoran
I picked up a kindle fire very recently and haven't been flying with it yet, but it appears to work fine indoors anyway. So much better than the small screen on my iPhone 5s! What performance problems do android tablets tend to experience? I'm expecting to hear some overly-dramatized responses about uncommon issues, but I'd like to hear some more impartial, level-headed comparisons too. I realize a $40 fire (8" / 16gb) compared to a $400 ipad is a 10:1 price difference and there's going to be performance differences, but it seems silly to me to invest ten times the money for anything < 4x the performance... so do you really get it? Is it WORTH it?

View attachment 2098 View attachment 2098
Update!!!
Well just done my first flight with my iPad and absolutely what a difference from Android. 100% better ,absolutely no regrets in going over to the dark side and IOS
The app just works better on IOS doesn't it! I'm an Android die hard and have never owned an Apple product until now, but for the Spark or just DJI drones in general...IOS Is the way to go.

The app just works better on IOS doesn't it! I'm an Android die hard and have never owned an Apple product until now, but for the Spark or just DJI drones in general...IOS Is the way to go.
Totally agree [emoji106], I have never owned an Apple product before either. Always loved Android [emoji3].
But for the Spark it just works better.
Also using OTG [emoji106]

I picked up a kindle fire very recently and haven't been flying with it yet, but it appears to work fine indoors anyway. So much better than the small screen on my iPhone 5s! What performance problems do android tablets tend to experience? I'm expecting to hear some overly-dramatized responses about uncommon issues, but I'd like to hear some more impartial, level-headed comparisons too. I realize a $40 fire (8" / 16gb) compared to a $400 ipad is a 10:1 price difference and there's going to be performance differences, but it seems silly to me to invest ten times the money for anything < 4x the performance... so do you really get it? Is it WORTH it?
Actually bought my ipad mini 2 secondhand on ebay, immaculate condition for £150 excellent buy[emoji3]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502