Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Just tried sport mode for the first time... HOLY !@#$!!

I'm still getting my drone legs in beginner mode. What would you guys recommend next ? I don't want to rush things, but if like to try out some other things I know sparky is capable of.

I'm still getting my drone legs in beginner mode. What would you guys recommend next ? I don't want to rush things, but if like to try out some other things I know sparky is capable of.

Looks like you're ready to leave the nest and explore your new horizons and views.

Just take your time, keep it in VLOS, and it's good to have a spotter to watch the Spark as you can pay more attention to the view and telemetry of the flight as you get use to it.

Reactions: Icemanwbs
Just take your time, keep it in VLOS, and it's good to have a spotter to watch the Spark as you can pay more attention to the view and telemetry of the flight as you get use to it.
So well said, that first day I grew wings things happened alot quicker than expected.

Lessons learned quickly in Sport Mode...

When switching back and forth between Sport Mode and P-Mode it's extremely easy to forget that braking from 31mph requires a huge area before forward motion is stopped. Also S-Mode turns off the Obstacle Avoidance System and discharges the battery much quicker. When using ND filter or sun shield Sport Mode can trigger a Gimbal Overload Error.

I always concentrate extra hard when I flip that switch. Stuff happens quick!

Another option, turn off Obstacle Avoidance and fly in GPS mode.... its twice the normal speed... and the plus of gimbal stability. However, I too love sport mode for getting to the shot, and back again. I did a reveal shot in sport mode (up and away backwards) yesterday, no worries. I have tons of open space.

(of course you have to be careful flying close to objects!)

Last edited:
Hi
Are there any connections between sport mode and fly aways.

I almost lost my drone first time in sport mode. Anyone have the same experience?

I read someplace that you are more likely to have compass/imu issues when there is heavy wind and high speed....

Sports mode IS fast on this small bird.

Sports mode is most efficient for long distance flight. Example, if over a mile out, in my LOS of course, I hit RTH, it will come back at ~22mph. If during RTH I push the right stick forward taking her to 30mph, by the time I get back home, I have conserved battery power and have additional minutes of flight 'in the tank'.

Sports mode IS fast on this small bird.

Sports mode is most efficient for long distance flight. Example, if over a mile out, in my LOS of course, I hit RTH, it will come back at ~22mph. If during RTH I push the right stick forward taking her to 30mph, by the time I get back home, I have conserved battery power and have additional minutes of flight 'in the tank'.

Thats a good tip.... I have been exploring my forested property and pushing the limits of battery sometimes.

Oh man! Same here!
No one on the street due to the Covid-19 quarantine
Made a final run about 4 feet high then shot up
Got up to 30 mph
Eats the battery but wow
That would be fun in Red Spark Small.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member