Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

LANDING SKIDS

I bought this, and tried once. Don't think it interferes with bottom sensors.

But I realized that I don't need it. Another useless accessory.
Spark is the easiest drone, to hand launch and land.

I purchased a similar pair from PolarPro.

They look cool, but like lmel2005 posted above, it's not needed since the Spark is so easy to hand launch / land.

I didn't care for the friction fit of the gear to the battery.
It didn't seem tight enough to me so instead of having the fear of loosing it in Sport mode, I just don't use it anymore.

I have but don't use anymore as it's just extra weight that has to be hauled into the air and using more energy from the battery!

thank every one for the quick response to my question . i ordered the skids and they arrived yesterday . the one reason i ordered them is the RC air field where i fly is all grass and sometimes when we don't cut the grass and it's tall and sometimes wet , it will touch the bottom of the spark ,i do use a pad to take off from and i can also land on the pad . I will give the skids a try and see how they work but for the next 10 days i will just have to wait for the president to go back to Washington DC as my field and all of Staten Island New York is in a NFZ .
thank you

Reactions: fithdy
I tried a set and found they made the spark unstable when landing. They are too narrow. If you want to use landing gear get a set to fit sparks arms. The only time I use landing gear is if I'm going to fly over damp ground, always hand take off and land

I try to avoid added weight or disturbed aerodynamics from add on accessories. Sounds like most reviewers abandon them after a few uses anyway.
For wet or tall grass I take off from the black styrofoam carry case that Spark shipped in. Then palm landing.

This is true of most farkles which folks buy as we've been conditioned to "accessorize" and "personalize".
I'm surprised they don't have skins for hammers.

I'm surprised they don't have skins for hammers.

They do.

It's called electricians tape.;)

20180806_093016.jpg

Hammer repair kit.
Axes and picks require the duct tape kit.

Reactions: Brojon
lol Technically that's repair material - not a skin per se. But point taken - you can get a plastic dip to put a non-slip coating on things like hammers and such.
But you knowwhutImean... ;)

We have red ones. As well, our Spark carries a rope - in order to prevent flyaway). It was noticed, that sometimes it started climbing just by himself - and we decided to use a dremel (near sensors). The result was almost the same. After several attempts skids were turned into starting platform while in grass, and Spark appeared much more adequate. Then we studied, if our rope interferes with sensors, and found out - Yes, slightly.

Attachments

• Снимок.PNG
    Снимок.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • 80K6n7zAzng.jpg
    80K6n7zAzng.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 22

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members