Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Last Weekend - Flights and Photos

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
So, very little time or weather and combination of those two things to get the Spark up in the sky. Last weekend (Dec 15-16) were favorable for weather albeit on the lower edge of recommended operating temp, and Mrs. Northwood looked the other way, she is in get ready for Christmas mode, so the honey-do list is pulsating and glowing....:rolleyes:

I do have some video to process, but for now, here is one piccie, we had some excellent sunses and foggy mornings....

DJI_0266.JPG

DJI_0273.JPG

No edits on these at all. More to follow.

And in case for some reason I don't have the chance to get back on here before the end of the year, all the very best to everyone. Fly Safe!

So, very little time or weather and combination of those two things to get the Spark up in the sky. Last weekend (Dec 15-16) were favorable for weather albeit on the lower edge of recommended operating temp, and Mrs. Northwood looked the other way, she is in get ready for Christmas mode, so the honey-do list is pulsating and glowing....:rolleyes:

I do have some video to process, but for now, here is one piccie, we had some excellent sunses and foggy mornings....

View attachment 7960

View attachment 7961

No edits on these at all. More to follow.

And in case for some reason I don't have the chance to get back on here before the end of the year, all the very best to everyone. Fly Safe!

Great winter pics.

Thanks for all of your great posts and input over the last year!

It sure looks cold up there in the great white north! Great pictures! Now, go put some more wood in the heater. :D

It sure looks cold up there in the great white north! Great pictures! Now, go put some more wood in the heater. :D

Interestingly, the "heater" you refer to is actually a HEATMOR furnace, which was made in Michigan, well to the south of us... they are used all over the place, and can be fitted to burn a variety of fuels, logs like ours, coal, wood pellets, etc. Its not as cold as it may look in those photos, it was actually above freezing at the time. But not exactly swim wear weather!

I heard you got some snow in NC, did Millers Creek catch any of that? My friends in Lynchburg VA got a foot or so.

Yes,
Just curious, are you able to view the "Northern Lights" in your location?

I saw them once over Canada while snowmobiling in the Michigan U.P.
Yes, a few times here, we are lucky to have zero ambient light, so as long as the sky is clear, it is possible

Reactions: Spark 317
Interestingly, the "heater" you refer to is actually a HEATMOR furnace, which was made in Michigan, well to the south of us... they are used all over the place, and can be fitted to burn a variety of fuels, logs like ours, coal, wood pellets, etc. Its not as cold as it may look in those photos, it was actually above freezing at the time. But not exactly swim wear weather!

I heard you got some snow in NC, did Millers Creek catch any of that? My friends in Lynchburg VA got a foot or so.
Those type furnaces are popular here too. And yes, just over a week ago, we got anywhere from 12 to 18 inches of snow in our area. It has all melted now as we have had temps in the low 50s a few days afterwards. We are getting a lot of rain today and the same tomorrow with flash flood warnings. I'm ready for spring myself. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis