Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

LED Lighting (Brighter the better)

DPJ

Join
Jan 26, 2018
I have a small project in mind, but to pull it off I need to sort out some sort of onboard light for my Spark. Now I need it to be as small as possible, and as bright as I can get relative to the size.
I’d thought of something like the PGYTech side mounted penlights, but I’m not sure they’re going to be bright enough.
After a bit of YouTubing I’ve found a bunch of guys using LED chips with projector bulbs and separate LiPo packs but on much much larger Octocopters.
So I’m wondering, has anyone tried anything like this for their Spark?
I know real estate is a premium on the tiny little body, but I’m sure there’s a solution out there.
Any help is appreciated, DPJ :D

No I won’t. All I’ll find is a list of things for sale an Amazon.
The only LED’s available are strobes and that’s not what I’m after.

I know real estate is a premium on the tiny little body, but I’m sure there’s a solution out there.
Any help is appreciated, DPJ

I'll let you research the idea but I was thinking a polymer Picatinny rail and a tactical flashlight setup?

The rail could mount on top and may clear the props?

Maybe mount it to a pair of extended landing gear on the sides?

Oh well, just a thought.

Reactions: DPJ
Thanks Hotwire and 317. I’m thinking some sort of rail setup. Not too sure about the weight of a tactical flashlight but I’ll look into them.
A friend has come up with COB LED’s as they’re smaller. I’m going to do a bit more research I think but thanks for ideas, it’s given me some food for thought :D

No I won’t. All I’ll find is a list of things for sale an Amazon.
The only LED’s available are strobes and that’s not what I’m after.
Oops! My bad. Please post your final solution.

Reactions: DPJ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schmidtrobert