Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

lens filters

Highflyer

Join
Nov 10, 2018
Loc
Sanborn, Mn (USA)
I was wondering if anyone using these filters has had problems with gimbal overload or other problems? I'm thinking about buying a set.
1573518347966.png

I have been using these filters but they seem to fall off sometimes.

K0Q1on7.png

Thanks, Jeff :cool:

Here's some Forum search results for Sunnylife filters.

I have the PolarPro set myself and had no problems.

Some filters may interfere with the pano or sphere shots when the gimbal tilts up.

Reactions: Highflyer
Here's some Forum search results for Sunnylife filters.

I have the PolarPro set myself and had no problems.

Some filters may interfere with the pano or sphere shots when the gimbal tilts up.
Thanks, spark 317 I didn't think to look on
Search results

Reactions: Spark 317
I have a few sunny life... they will interfere with pano shots unless you shave them down (the supporting strap). There is a YT video on how to do that effectively. I use the CPL filter the most, will remove it before flying if I am planning to do a pano, as so far I have been too lazy to mod the filter support. Definitely a good thing if used correctly. ND are pretty much for video not stills... lots of videos on the subject too. The CPL filter will improve almost any shot, it really cuts glare.

I’ve been using those filters with marginal if any results. I tried the polarization filter flying over a creek wanting to see the bottom. Same reflections with or without the filter. I sometimes use the ND32. 0E43B67B-0E95-4F92-A94D-049F5DD4033B.jpeg

I was wondering if anyone using these filters has had problems with gimbal overload or other problems? I'm thinking about buying a set.
View attachment 11897

K0Q1on7.png

Thanks, Jeff :cool:
I use these and have no problems once I learned to attach them correctly. I attached them from the bottom to top holding the camera, then s slight twist up and down. My 8yr old grandson did a Crash test and it stays on. Have fun I do.

Reactions: Spark 317

Heya Jeff,
I had an MC-UV fall off my Spark a few weekends ago.

It was an unbranded one, just to protect the lens really.

Was flying Sports mode around a very large open area, the Spark was going like a bullet, unreal attitude going on.
Brought it in to take a break, hovered maybe 50m out and was watching it, saw a small thing fall.
After initial shock thinking a prop was imploding, then 0.3 of a second later realising it was still airbourne, I realised it was the filter.

Were you flying Sports mode prior to them falling off ?

I had this one given to me, and now want to get a full set with UV and ND, so will invest in a decent brand, and always take them off for Sports mode flying.

Oh, although the oval had been mowed fairly recently, a couple of us there couldn't find that MC-UV.
The next lawnmower person will, I'm sure.

I tried the polarization filter flying over a creek wanting to see the bottom. Same reflections with or without the filter.

So how do PL filters work on a gimbal like the Spark has ?
PL's usually have to be turned to tune them to the light / direction to light to work properly.
On the Mavic Pro M1P, they push on, you can turn them to suit (a PITA to be honest), or the later M2P they have the adjustment ring that turns so they can stay put and be adjusted.
I'm finding it hard to see how PL can work on the Spark, unless you fit it, then fly a certain direction only to film down onto water etc.
(Try that MauiMacMan . . .)

they will interfere with pano shots unless you shave them down (the supporting strap)

Are there re good filters that don't need this shaving ?
I'd rather purchase a good set (PolarPro etc) that have done the research and made something that just works.

Heya Jeff,
I had an MC-UV fall off my Spark a few weekends ago.

It was an unbranded one, just to protect the lens really.

Was flying Sports mode around a very large open area, the Spark was going like a bullet, unreal attitude going on.
Brought it in to take a break, hovered maybe 50m out and was watching it, saw a small thing fall.
After initial shock thinking a prop was imploding, then 0.3 of a second later realising it was still airbourne, I realised it was the filter.

Were you flying Sports mode prior to them falling off ?

I had this one given to me, and now want to get a full set with UV and ND, so will invest in a decent brand, and always take them off for Sports mode flying.

Oh, although the oval had been mowed fairly recently, a couple of us there couldn't find that MC-UV.
The next lawnmower person will, I'm sure.
No, I don't fly in sport mode much

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast