Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lightning to micro usb spark RC/iphone cable

WB2CBA

Join
Jun 16, 2017
Loc
Queens, New York
i am using this cable to connect spark rc to my iphone. This gives a perfect no drop out video connection with dji go4 app. It is long enough to make a confy connection and short enough not to get in the way while flying.it also cuts the middle man,the OTG cable! I hope this helps.

Amazon.com: Anbee Nylon Braided Mavic Lightning to Micro-USB Cable, Android Micro-USB Cable for DJI Mavic Pro Drone, Fits iOS / Android Cellphone and Tablets (Lightning to Micro-USB Cable for iPad): Cell Phones & Accessories

Last edited:
i am using this cable to connect spark rc to my iphone. This gives a perfect no drop out video connection with dji go4 app. It is long enough to make a confy connection and short enough not to get in the way while flying.it also cuts the middle man,the OTG cable! I hope this helps.

Amazon.com: Anbee Nylon Braided Mavic Lightning to Micro-USB Cable, Android Micro-USB Cable for DJI Mavic Pro Drone, Fits iOS / Android Cellphone and Tablets (Lightning to Micro-USB Cable for iPad): Cell Phones & Accessories

When I went to Amazon it says this cable will not work with Spark. I assume you are using this with Spark? What length cable did you get 8"?

When I went to Amazon it says this cable will not work with Spark. I assume you are using this with Spark? What length cable did you get 8"?

Sure it works fine. I am using it for over a month now no problems. Sometimes the device is not supoorted message pops up but just close it and continue flying. I think same message pops up also on otg cables

Sure it works fine. I am using it for over a month now no problems. Sometimes the device is not supoorted message pops up but just close it and continue flying. I think same message pops up also on otg cables
Yes, it pop-up and is usually the sign that all is good :)

No problem either overhere , i get the message also i even put airplane mode and still working just fine,

I used same OTG, how far does the video lost signals with iphone ? I only get 120m distance, further than that it lost video signals. Thanks guy.

I tested out to 500 m(1500 ft) horizontal and had no issues. No drop out of any signal(video/rc) with this OTG cable in the link.flying with iphone 6 plus.

As I see your cable is is a angled Micro, I have one of these cables but it does not fit into my Spark controller. I purchased today -May 21- and wonder if they made a change

Hello,
I am interested in this, even though Wi-Fi between my Spark controller and iPhone 6+ has been reliable up to now.

Can I ask a few questions?
  • I see you mention a Spark RC and iPhone. Is this what you use?
  • Did you purchase the 8.14 inch cable or the 3.66 inch cable?
  • What advantage is there to using a cable? When using the Wi-Fi to the controller did the Spark video on the iPhone drop out?
  • What order do you turn things on – for example: turn on Spark, turn on controller wait for green LED, connect cable to RC and iPhone, run DGI Go 4 on iPhone.

Thanks,
Barry.

Questions:
1. I want to use Controller and iPad Mini 4
2. After watching YouTube video of setup by Flypath,he recommended a cable from Amazon which I ordered tonight
3. A direct link from Controller and iPad is supposed to lessen video dropout. I use a cable with different connectors for my MAVIC Pro which can fly 4+ miles
4. On both my Phantom 3 and MAVIC I was trained or read to turn on iPhone/pad,controller then drone. It has always worked for me and I reverse it when shutting down.

I only got my Spark today and at 9:30 pm or so got all the updates done and ready to fly tomorrow. I changed most of my settings to what I am comfortable with using my other drones. Hope the above helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme