Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Limited distance with rc

Jiri Petr

Join
Jun 19, 2017
Hi guys, so i got finally my rc today, try to fly for a first time, phone conected with otg cable but i can fly just 100m far, attitude is 500m. Is there anything i have to change to get max distance with rc. Also i see i am using wifi 5.8G but before i used 2.4G how can i change it?

Beginner mode ?
Or maximum altitude / distance to be checked.

Capture7.PNG

For the frequency selection, I read that it need to be first set using wifi, but I have not checked that.
I got also 5.8 GHz by default and had 600 distance flight, in CE mode,. not FCC, so was not too bad.

Are you getting any sort of message when you hit the 100 meters? Or is it doing a RTH?

Yes, correct, was written "attitude" but I should have guess it was "altitude".
No special flight mode like follow me?
If it happen again I would try to reinstall the GO app. Are you on android or IOS?

Using android, getting just message lost signal and after that RTH. It's strange i can con 500m up but just 100m far

How are your antenna, pointing up or horizontal ?

You can refer to page 38 of user manual
Capture8.PNG

Antenna is up. I tried it first with otg cable wifi is on 5.8G if i tried conection phone with wifi i see i two wifi 2.4G and 5.8G but if i tried to change it i couldn't. I am happy with max altitude 500m is more than i was hoping but distance is just 100m.

The distance is really strange for normal flight mode.
I would try re-installation of GO4 app and also refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 software. That could reset some values to default.
Can you repeat it and it is always 100.0 meters or like 90 / 110 m ? If you move to a totally different place, will it be the same distance limit.

Less probability:
Could be bad luck and you are hitting a NFZ that you don't see on the app.
It is a new limitation by DJI (but would mean no GPS or no login on DJI server).

Yea it is strange i tried it on few different places but still same. I will try refresh firmware hope it will help cos 100 i didnt have to but rc as i had same with mobile phone remote. Will let you know if anything changed. Thx for help

this is my screen shot of setting. also i check all warning messages and always got same "lost signal" after 100m

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170711-210050.png
    Screenshot_20170711-210050.png
    1 MB · Views: 37
Just out of curiosity, find an open field and try to fly with just the remote or borrow an IOS device.

Just out of curiosity, find an open field and try to fly with just the remote or borrow an IOS device.
Yea i was thinking about iOS as well as many problems with android especially with samsung s7 whqt i am using. I was on pretty open space today but u can be right will try somewhere else again. Thx

Yea i was thinking about iOS as well as many problems with android especially with samsung s7 whqt i am using. I was on pretty open space today but u can be right will try somewhere else again. Thx
By rights the phone/tablet should have nothing to do with the range once an RC is being used, but from a troubleshooting perspective its always good to remove a variable from the equation. Plus Android does suck with DJI products

Hey guys, so i took spark for another spin this time on totally open place, got better distance 300m then lost signal still not really impressed. Just find out how to switch from 5.8G to 2.4 so have to try it tomorrow if i will get even better distance. FYI: first connect via wifi, then switch to 2.4GHz, turn phone to offline mode (flight mode) and connect via OTG.

Reactions: Dronason
Hey guys, so i took spark for another spin this time on totally open place, got better distance 300m then lost signal still not really impressed. Just find out how to switch from 5.8G to 2.4 so have to try it tomorrow if i will get even better distance. FYI: first connect via wifi, then switch to 2.4GHz, turn phone to offline mode (flight mode) and connect via OTG.
Are you here in the States?

Good you try it. Seems by me that android goes to 5.8G by default but my iPad goes to 2.4G. Where in wifi mode, the android cannot see 5.8G (3 bips needed) but the iPad see both (2.4G and 5.8G). At 5.8G with android I was getting 600m.
At least there is a workaround to use 2.4G with android.

Yea i hope will get more then 300m with 2.4. Dont really need 2km but be nice havd something around 600-800m. 500m altitude is great

Attachments

• org_cff515bd2b7e29b0_1499795772000.jpg
    org_cff515bd2b7e29b0_1499795772000.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 41
  • org_feceb556e447b2b0_1499795725000.jpg
    org_feceb556e447b2b0_1499795725000.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 36

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members