Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi good?

Welcome RMF
Litchi was one of the best add on enhancers for The Spark.

Yes some don’t like the price.

For me it provided an ability that just wasn’t an option from DJI.

Start with small missions and pay attention to details.

Make sure you know how to take back full control at any time during the flight.

In my humble opinion it’s not an either or choice .....Go 4 is a necisity and does a good job.

Litchi will allow you to add some precision to flights and for me.....a new pilot....it flys a bit straighter and at desired speed more consistent than my fingers especially in longer flights.

As said earlier.....all versions you can imagine on its performance....

Read carefully and keep asking questions !

Agree with Rhettduke. . .I have DJI Go 4 for the Spark, DJI Go for my older Phantom 3a and also Litchi. Have NOT used Litchi with the Spark yet but it worked great with my P3a. Also agree with start small. I never just "sent my drone on a mission". . .I plotted the course which was always within LOS (Line Of Sight) uploaded the path to the drone and then flew it manually just to be sure all the points were correct re altitude, focal point, etc. and then let it go on it's own while I was able to just focus on the camera. This was the result of a loop around our house
Be safe and let us know how it works with your Spark. Personally, I find the Spark a lot more glitchy than my old Phantom. . . FYI this was video from the very first loop around the house so there's a bit of noticeable gimbal tilt here and there ;-)

Last edited:
[QUOTE="nyjumpee, post: 82709, member: 15242" This was the result of a loop around our house https://photos.app.goo.gl/mdRbHrKtHnpf6Zfy5 )[/QUOTE]

Wow, nice house and location. Perfect day for it too. Once my spark is off warranty, I am going to go for Litchi, I have seen nice results like this also with it and the spark. And I will be starting off as you've suggested also.

Reactions: nyjumpee
[QUOTE="nyjumpee, post: 82709, member: 15242" This was the result of a loop around our house https://photos.app.goo.gl/mdRbHrKtHnpf6Zfy5 )

Wow, nice house and location. Perfect day for it too. Once my spark is off warranty, I am going to go for Litchi, I have seen nice results like this also with it and the spark. And I will be starting off as you've suggested also.[/QUOTE]
Hey Northwood ~ thanks. . .we loved that place. . there weren't too many "not nice days". . have some beautiful winter footage there too. . .REALLY windy though! Got a lot of practice flying in 20+mph winds. . .sometimes I'd just go out when it was especially windy just for the practice. Have since moved to Nashville to be closer to family. . .why are you waiting till your Spark is post-warranty? I wasn't aware that Litchi affected the warranty? But yeah, the interface is really cool for Litchi when you're online plotting the course. . .can't even believe that some people just "randomly" click points, upload some crazy long course and send their drone "on it's merry way" a lot of times out of xmitter range so it's just using it's GPS. . .not me!

Last edited:
Can't see a reason why not as long as you set each way point away from the trees and set a good height at each point. Good luck regards Irvine
I have been flying my Spark around our rural property and I would like to setup way points to fly routes around our property. We have around 160 acres, 60 in bottom land and 100 in trees. Is this OK?

I started using Litchi about a month ago. it made me nervous at first, relinquishing control to Litchi. the more i use it, the more comfortable i get. it's nice being able to fly the same route over and over, watching the seasons change as you blend the seasons on video. i did this with my property. had a heavy snow, OK heavy for western washington, and did multiple flights over multiple day to watch the snow melt. Just watch your surroundings such as trees or hills and don't forget to have fun.

Agree with Rhettduke. . .I have DJI Go 4 for the Spark, DJI Go for my older Phantom 3a and also Litchi. Have NOT used Litchi with the Spark yet but it worked great with my P3a. Also agree with start small. I never just "sent my drone on a mission". . .I plotted the course which was always within LOS (Line Of Sight) uploaded the path to the drone and then flew it manually just to be sure all the points were correct re altitude, focal point, etc. and then let it go on it's own while I was able to just focus on the camera. This was the result of a loop around our house https://photos.app.goo.gl/mdRbHrKtHnpf6Zfy5 Be safe and let us know how it works with your Spark. Personally, I find the Spark a lot more glitchy than my old Phantom. . . FYI this was video from the very first loop around the house so there's a bit of noticeable gimbal tilt here and there ;-)

Looks great! I too, have noticed that my P3A is more stable with Litchi than my Spark. Did you run the gimbal yourself there? Or set a waypoint (the house) and let the P3A aim itself? I've never had much luck with that on the P3A. My Mavic Pro Platinum works great with Litchi, and the Mavic's gimbal/camera follows the waypoint much more smoothly than the Spark. Here is my A/B video:

I have been flying my Spark around our rural property and I would like to setup way points to fly routes around our property. We have around 160 acres, 60 in bottom land and 100 in trees. Is this OK?

I starting flying drones for the first time 2 weeks ago and that obviously does not qualify me to be giving advise. I did watch hundreds of instructional videos for a over month and then went ahead and bought a DJI Spark. I have done 11 successful waypoints missions with Litchi taking the drone up to 2,457 feet from my Homepoint.

The flying time is way more important than the distance to me. With LItchi you have no distance limit since the mission is uploaded into the drone and it will complete the mission even if it gets disconnected (become very familiar with all settings). I’m more concern with the battery life since I’m not relying in the RTH at Low Battery Warning, yet.

If you are like me a diligent student before embark into anything you’ll appreciate the 5 videos I’ve attached below. Watch them ALL.

I including below my check list before flying:
  1. Check GPS signal (# of locked satellites)
  2. Check Wi-Fi Channel(s)
  3. Check Sensors:
    1. Check IMU
    2. Check Compass
  4. Set Home Point
  5. Check RTH settings (for safety)
One more thing... Fly High!

So far, all this is working for me, I hope this help but please check with someone more experienced than me.

Reactions: ExcitingHeadgear
Another up vote for the Litchi. I've been using it for about two years and will tell you that it is easily one of the most powerful flight planning apps available. You can literally control every aspect each individual waypoint so the limiting factor is your brain and its 3D spatial awareness. Here's a custom mapping mission that I did because I envisioned a way to attack a site with a large amount of elevation change and no other software available could accomplish it. Very efficient, consistent AGL and much safer for the drone. Yes, it took me about 15 minutes to plan, but now that I have it I don't have to do it again. Planned on the desktop and tweaked in the app. That's the way to go. One limiting factor that I found is that it maxes out at 99 waypoints, LOL.

I'm not sure why people balk at the price, a one-time purchase of $30 seems pretty reasonable to me considering the amount of features and the fact that you also get a web browser interface.

Last edited:
Looks great! I too, have noticed that my P3A is more stable with Litchi than my Spark. Did you run the gimbal yourself there? Or set a waypoint (the house) and let the P3A aim itself? I've never had much luck with that on the P3A. My Mavic Pro Platinum works great with Litchi, and the Mavic's gimbal/camera follows the waypoint much more smoothly than the Spark. Here is my A/B video:

Hey Jim! Sorry. . just saw your reply. .thanks! I had the Waypoints and the POI (Point of Interest, which, yes, was the house) pre-planned but was "playing" with the vertical pan on the gimbal a bit while it was executing. . my bad! What issues were you having with your P3A? Nice comparison video. . Spark looks like it was having some trouble keeping you in the center. Thanks :)

I have had litichi for awhile , recently got a spark , the p3a I had when using litichi waypoints I could turn the heading of the camera plotting missions , I cannot with the spark . Is this just not available on this platform ?

Are you talking about it not focusing on the POI's or the ability to set a custom heading for each waypoint.

Are you talking about it not focusing on the POI's or the ability to set a custom heading for each waypoint.
Set a custom heading or where the camera will look in direction u choose until it gets to next waypoint . I could turn with my p3a when plotting the course . I cannot with spark .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme