Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi: mission to take a video from one fixed spot with a 360 look around?

Well, still need to fine tune stuff maybe...
This is an orbit at 250' alt with "subject height" at 245' to control the gimbal angle. Manual might be OK, but you can't control the gimbal angle precisely or set it to a particular angle for mission-to-mission repeatability.
Outward facing with a 16' radius, which was the minimum radius Litchi would allow me.
the rotation speed is a little fast at about 15 sec/rev, but I want to keep the orbit short since I intend to string a bunch of these together over a long time period.

Maybe I should try a waypoint mission with a single-row 360 pano and put this single shots together into a video somehow? Could be a lot of work though.

Well it obviously worked. Yes it is a bit fast. Depends what you are hoping to achieve, I see you set camera to look outwards. I think inwards is better. You can set the gimbal angle using trignometry. You know your height to fly, you decide the angle you want therefore you can calculate the height to set your subject at. For example if you want 45 degree angle using a16 feet radius, at flying height of 250 feet you need to set your subject height to 234 feet. You can then store this info for repeatability.

Last edited:
Hi Hagg
I think your command "rotate aircraft 360" will simply rotate the aircraft from its current direction TO a grid bearing of 360 degrees (i.e. North)

Also, with the waypoint mode "rotate" function, I find the speed of rotation rather fast and not selectable. With the Orbit method you can choose the rotation speed.

Just ran a a mission with exactly that result. "rotate aircraft 360" will simply rotate the aircraft from its current direction TO a grid bearing of 360 degrees (i.e. North)"

Glad I found this again as I find that getting a nice steady and slow 360 is not easy, even with the Tripod mode. It's amazing that only the Tello has that simple "rotate 360" feature ! How long would it take DJI to add a "quick mode" that does that !

Now the OP wanted repeatability so that adds "some" complexity.

@Bob Hospadaruk - have you been able to refine the process in Litchi to your satisfaction ?

If you just want to rotate Sparky 360 on the spot, would manually flying it be worth trying?

Fly to spot, adjust Gimbal and yaw it round on the spot?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit