Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

LITCHI

Reactions: The Editor
I use DJI UAVs professionally. As others have stated Litchi does not support Spark and Spark does not do way points. Error comes up "Spark does not support way points" when you try to launch a mission. I lost control twice in Litchi in FPV mode, I will never use it again with Spark, use it all the time with Phantoms and Inspire 2. Even with them we lose GPS hold and mission aborts, we are trialing DJI GS Pro this week, hope it works better than Litchi.
I connected with Spark yesterday and it connected perfectly. I will do a test flight maybe tomorrow.

Reactions: Teddy
I use DJI UAVs professionally. As others have stated Litchi does not support Spark and Spark does not do way points. Error comes up "Spark does not support way points" when you try to launch a mission. I lost control twice in Litchi in FPV mode, I will never use it again with Spark, use it all the time with Phantoms and Inspire 2. Even with them we lose GPS hold and mission aborts, we are trialing DJI GS Pro this week, hope it works better than Litchi.
I connected with Spark yesterday and it connected perfectly. I will do a test flight maybe tomorrow.
Contrary to Litchi website statement!
The Spark has actually been officially supported since August 2017 (with the exception of waypoint and orbit).
Never had a problem flying any DJI platform on Litchi's software.
The same cannot be said for DJI's flakey software/firmware.
If you are having issues I would suggest you email Litchi direct, they are quite responsive (unlike DJI) and will work through your problem.

I will contact Litchi and report my woes with their app, I will report back if there is something positive to report, thanks. I read that Spark is not supported in another thread, should have checked the source. I just know I thought I was going to lose my Spark twice after reporting compass errors. It has never reported compass errors in DJI Go4.

By the way, the only reason to use Litchi that I see is for the way points for mapping. So why use it for Spark?

Autopilot does Waypoints for Spark. It’s a lot better than Litchi too.

I really would like to know if litchi floods the fpv view with messages during flight, like the go app does. Or if they can be turned permanently off.

Autopilot is only available for Apple devices. You can check it out here.

Reactions: idbl_fanatic
I have flown the spark with Litchi - an older version. I was using Litchi all the time when I first got the Mavic because DJIs apps (Go and Go 4) would die regularly on my Android phone. This issue seems to have been fixed in V4.1 upwards, so I mainly use the DJI apps.

Litchi development stalled last year when the DJI library had issues. I see they are now releasing updates again. For me, the course lock feature is valuable. I seem to remember it did work in Litchi but still not available in DJI GO 4. I might give it another try sometime.

I use Litchi all the time with my Spark and have had no problems. With the exception of waypoints and orbit everthing else works. I use it alot for 360 panos. Interestingly I can’t get the pano function to work on GO 4. It keeps timing out, so for me Litchi has been more reliable.

Chris

I use Litchi with my spark but only now and then. I bought it so that I could fly with cheap goggles. I just could not choke down the DJI goggles $$$$ gag. Litchi works great with goggles. Just hit the goggle button and then pop your phone into the goggle and take off. Puts you right in the pilot seat.

So far I have had NO problems with Litchi. There are two other features that I like a lot.... Course Lock and Home Lock. If you push the Home Lock button, no matter where you are or what direction you are pointed, the AC will fly in the direction of home if you pull the down stick. With course lock, the drone will continue in the same course with UP stick no matter how it is rotated.... you you can push up, and rotate as you fly the same course.

I guess I also like the VERBAL distance and altitude reports too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf