Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi

How many Litchi users out there?

• Litchi

• DJI Go

• Other?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am a strong proponent for AutoPilot. I have never used Litchi as I've always been very happy with AP. You may want to add AP as a choice in this poll.

I use Litchi 99% of the time. When a FW update comes out, I update and fly the first battery worth with Go4 just in case something goes horribly wrong (DJI can't try to say the issue was the 3rd party app - yeah, I'm paranoid).

Reactions: julieleanne
Hard to believe that Autopilot is out with a beta version before Litchi. Not sure how Litchi beta tests things, but I bet they have a working version in a few weeks. Most likely with their next update.

Got this from lichi

"Currently Spark does not support Waypoint/Orbit modes, so it may take a while before we add support."

So far I've only used the Go App with my Spark. But I use both litchi and the GO APP with my other DJI drones. I use the GO app when I'm piloting the drone, when I want to do "missions" (as litchi calls it) where the drone flys a predetermined route/path, I use Litchi. It is absolutely amazing. A well planned out "flight" requires so little editing later and the movement of the camera drone are so smooth. I find it hard to replicate some maneuvers manually like moving in a direction, yawing the drone, and at the same time keeping the camera on the same point. Sure with practice it can be done, but with litchi you can get that video/shot now...

How many of you guys use Litchi or DJI Go? Is there anything else better not mentioned?

Does Litchi work with Spark? Not sure I want to fly it until it's supported...

Hope it gets all the features of the mavic on Litchi, but the quote above is not too promising.

Some of these replies are contradictory. Litchi says you can't run waypoints with the Spark, but some owners are doing it. Which is it - can you fly waypoints or not? I'm confused, and since I want a Spark before I can afford the fly more combo, I thought Litchi would be the perfect option for now. I don't like the idea of using the phone as a controller so having the mission in the aircraft before it leaves sounds like insurance to me.

Some of these replies are contradictory. Litchi says you can't run waypoints with the Spark, but some owners are doing it. Which is it - can you fly waypoints or not? I'm confused, and since I want a Spark before I can afford the fly more combo, I thought Litchi would be the perfect option for now. I don't like the idea of using the phone as a controller so having the mission in the aircraft before it leaves sounds like insurance to me.

I tried Litchi with my Spark. I could do basic maneuvers with the sticks and pretty much nothing else worked. I couldn't get any of the advance flight modes to work plus, the video start/stop button; shutter button, C1, etc - none of the hardware controls would function.
My setup is an Ipad mini 4 connected to the RC via an OTG cable.

I tried Litchi with my Spark. I could do basic maneuvers with the sticks and pretty much nothing else worked. I couldn't get any of the advance flight modes to work plus, the video start/stop button; shutter button, C1, etc - none of the hardware controls would function.
My setup is an Ipad mini 4 connected to the RC via an OTG cable.

Thanks for the info!

I contacted Litchi today and got the following when asked if they plan to add waypoints to the Spark: "We can’t predict the future, it depends whether DJI will enable it in the Spark firmware. So far, they haven’t."

I don't see DJI being interested in changing their firmware so that a 3rd party app works with it.

Are there any other 'mission planning' apps available for Android?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex