Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Location accuracy of WiFi only iPad mini 4

Join
Jan 7, 2019
I've seen something on this on the Mavic forum, but I'd like to hear any comments from Spark guys.
Here's the thing as I understand it:
The location accuracy of the mobile device you are using (not the accuracy of the Spark's own gps location) is dependent on whether It has gps capability or not. WiFi only = less accuracy. Thus if I’m using my smart phone with gps capability, the position accuracy of the smart phone on the Litchi or DJI GO 4 screen, is more accurate than if I’m using my WiFi only iPad mini 4.
Why is this even important? Well, in Litchi, I see that the “Follow” capability/functionality, which is yet to be implemented in iOS, follows the mobile device rather than the visual image of an object as seen by the AC's camera. The “Follow” works in Android only at this time.according to Litchi help.
So, in anticipation of Follow being implemented in Litchi for iOS, is there some way I can use the gps accuracy of a Bluetooth tethered smartphone to improve the location accuracy of my iPad, or am I stuck with WiFi accuracy only?
Hope I’m making sense. Any help appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme