Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark RTH, to RC using Garmin glo gps

Sparkedout

Join
Oct 29, 2018
Today I went out to the field , farmers field I can use when no crops growing , to test RTH to RC using ipad mini 4 cellular and Garmin glo Bluetooth gps.
On two occasions now the Spark has failed to RTH at RC location well away from home point , get the weak gps signal message . I know previous blogs have discuss this problem.
I was about to wrap-up for the day , disgusted with dji / ios , but since I had one battery left decided to use my cheap Chinese Android 7 phone ( which had the Bluetooth gps app loaded showing Garmin glo gps reading of between 1.5 to 1.8 metres).
To my surprise Spark RTH to RC within one metre of where I was standing!
My conclusion :
RTH to controller worked with my cheap 130 euro phone BUT not with my EXPENSIVE ipad mini 4.
Therefore me thinks problem lies with apple iOS and not dji go4 app.
Not a happy camper

Hmm...?

The Home Point is recorded by the Spark, not the device.

I fly with a mini4, WiFi only, and the RTH works fine for me.

Hmm...?

The Home Point is recorded by the Spark, not the device.

I fly with a mini4, WiFi only, and the RTH works fine for me.

Thanks for reply, I agree with you on RTH , home point , but I was trying to get the Spark to return to where I was standing with the RC away from the set home point. Using that option on the dji go4 app.

Since you have iPad mini 4 cellular, it has GPS receiver built in.
Why do you use Garmin?

Since you have iPad mini 4 cellular, it has GPS receiver built in.
Why do you use Garmin?

Thanks for reply , the iPad mini 4 has a GPS accuracy of between 5 to 10 metres and DJI require at least 3 metres accuracy ( I think ) to be able to use the dgi go4 return to controller option in the app. Garmin Glo is giving an accuracy down to 1.5 metres ( 5ft ).
Only need this if trying to return Spark to RC instead of original home point setting , like if on a moving boat on a lake .

I have used my iPad mini 4, as a home point device, with my Mavic Pro, and was accurate enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502