Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Locked Spark batteries

Ross

Join
Mar 8, 2021
I have a couple of spark batteries that were sitting idle for over a year, and they won't charge again. I read that since they were uncharged for such a long time; the "smart chip" that "protects" the battery, takes is to a point that you can not charge them anymore. Does anyone know a hack on how to revive/reset/restart these batteries?

Thanks a lot for your comments on this....

I've never had a so called bricked battery, Spark or M1P, but have read many posts on the internet forums about how it can happen over time, and that the sometimes can be brought back to life.

Google searching terms like . . .
Spark intelligent battery fix
Spark intelligent battery bricked
Spark intelligent battery no lights
Spark intelligent battery not charging

A bit of work digging through, finding people with success with any DJI battery (as the chemistry is basically the same or similar).
Sometimes it's a firmware issue too from reading past threads.

I'm in the same situation and have three dead batteries, it was four but I tired opening one with no success and ended up having to take the remains for disposal. I'm more interested in why this should be happening, I thought the spark battery automatically goes into hibernation when its left too long it self discharges to its minimum level. If this is the case why are batteries that have been left for a year dead, while a new battery that I managed to find and was manufactured in 2018 able to survive at least 2 years without seeing a charger?

Reactions: Antiboost
Нужно правильно хранить батареи во время не использования. Они должны быть зимой заряжена на 50-60%. И раз в два месяца их лучше разряжать до 25-30%, и снова заряжать до 50-60%. А перед началом использования поставить на полную зарядку. И пару раз не нагружать сильно, аккуратно и спокойно полетать. А третий раз можно уже и нагружать. Аккумуляторы, которым много лет имеют меньшую ёмкость, это важно учитывать при подготовке к полёту.

Reactions: Spark 317
so last night a received 4 spark batteries, i said i would try to repair with TRB 2300 and the TI ev2300, 2 of the batteries where at 2.5 volts per cell so those could be rescued by just plugin into spark battery thru the battery plug, the other 2 where down to 1.5 per cell and when i tried thru battery port it would discharge instead of charge???......so they needed open heart surgery to get at each cell, the thing about DJI batteries is 1. They are clipped and glued, 2. And very dangerous if you pinch a cell with a sharp tool, so i soaked all joints with alcohol and with love wiggled a sharp razor to a point where i could get a plastic screw driver and gently wiggle side to side, and soak joint again, and wiggle. So I was lucky, got both opened so I could “AED” their *** per cell, it all came out well, and will be on their way home tonight for testing, I want to thank Patrik for the TRB2300 software to make this happen, I told the gentleman to stay close for the first 2 charges, and to keep an eye on the batteries, always check to see if at least 2 lights blink in storage…..otherwise you will do this, it took 4 hours of working these batteries I don’t know what people charge to do this, but, a spark battery is normally 65, right now they went thru the roof, COVID PRICE…..but is it worth it……yes for me, if I lose a cell, but I don’t know…..my next is a P$ battery I already broke one, but I have to come up with a better way of opening it……IKXM0447.JPGIKXM0447.JPGIKXM0447.JPGIMG_4033.JPGIMG_4034.JPGIMG_4035.JPGIMG_4036.JPGIMG_4037.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4111.JPG
    IMG_4111.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4112.JPG
    IMG_4112.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4113.JPG
    IMG_4113.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Nice one @cruzroy hope the testing all goes well.

Would be a great little biz or sideline to have, DJI and possibly others are known to discontinue batteries fairly fast.
You have M1P / MPP, Spark, Air 1, all no longer made.

Others might be more viable for a reliable fix if their new price is higher than average.
Are the P4 etc batteries still made ?
sent back 4 spark batteries to FLA, waiting for shipment to get there, and hope gentleman sends report back, his where near death....

Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
before anything else. if the battery has been OFF for that long and you revive it. You may have a firmware upgrade for the battery lurking, so make sure you have a cell phone to fly with that is on DJI's acceptable list even if you do not fly with it regularly. I have 12-15 spark batteries. Besides the one that came with my Spark and another i paid around $45 for the others i bought on ebay for around $25 or less each. They were either being sold by someone that had no idea how to charge them or when they were tried charging nothing happened. About 4 of the batteries were dead and would not charge. Left them plugged into a charger overnight to a day or so and they started charging on their own. They all needed a battery firmware upgrade when i tried to fly.

before anything else. if the battery has been OFF for that long and you revive it. You may have a firmware upgrade for the battery lurking, so make sure you have a cell phone to fly with that is on DJI's acceptable list even if you do not fly with it regularly. I have 12-15 spark batteries. Besides the one that came with my Spark and another i paid around $45 for the others i bought on ebay for around $25 or less each. They were either being sold by someone that had no idea how to charge them or when they were tried charging nothing happened. About 4 of the batteries were dead and would not charge. Left them plugged into a charger overnight to a day or so and they started charging on their own. They all needed a battery firmware upgrade when i tried to fly.
hello ... I have a similar problem, 3 DJI SPARK batteries that do not charge but one of this I opened and charged directly from the poles of the lipobattery, the result I got is that they are charged but do not activate, the indicators are 3 LEDs on and 1 flashing but when you try to turn on the battery it does not remain active by pressing once a little and the second by holding down ... the battery status remains charged but the drone does not turn on

so last night a received 4 spark batteries, i said i would try to repair with TRB 2300 and the TI ev2300, 2 of the batteries where at 2.5 volts per cell so those could be rescued by just plugin into spark battery thru the battery plug, the other 2 where down to 1.5 per cell and when i tried thru battery port it would discharge instead of charge???......so they needed open heart surgery to get at each cell, the thing about DJI batteries is 1. They are clipped and glued, 2. And very dangerous if you pinch a cell with a sharp tool, so i soaked all joints with alcohol and with love wiggled a sharp razor to a point where i could get a plastic screw driver and gently wiggle side to side, and soak joint again, and wiggle. So I was lucky, got both opened so I could “AED” their *** per cell, it all came out well, and will be on their way home tonight for testing, I want to thank Patrik for the TRB2300 software to make this happen, I told the gentleman to stay close for the first 2 charges, and to keep an eye on the batteries, always check to see if at least 2 lights blink in storage…..otherwise you will do this, it took 4 hours of working these batteries I don’t know what people charge to do this, but, a spark battery is normally 65, right now they went thru the roof, COVID PRICE…..but is it worth it……yes for me, if I lose a cell, but I don’t know…..my next is a P$ battery I already broke one, but I have to come up with a better way of opening it……View attachment 13835View attachment 13835View attachment 13836View attachment 13837View attachment 13838View attachment 13839View attachment 13840View attachment 13841

sorry for late reply, my mom broke her hip, so no time to play, but you should not have to open batteries, just follow instructions on patrik site, yes if you dont follow they will continue to discharge instead of charge

I have a couple of spark batteries that were sitting idle for over a year, and they won't charge again. I read that since they were uncharged for such a long time; the "smart chip" that "protects" the battery, takes is to a point that you can not charge them anymore. Does anyone know a hack on how to revive/reset/restart these batteries?

Thanks a lot for your comments on this....
I have some brand new ones if you want 80$ each

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme