Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looking for tips on hiding the controller during selfies...

GearHead83

Join
Mar 8, 2018
So far I have not really used the controller with my Spark. This has made it somewhat easy to obfuscate the fact that I am flying a drone in my photos/video. However I think now I am going to start using the controller more often for a greater sense of control/security. The issue is that the Spark does not have a timer for photo capture (that I know of) and I do not want all of my footage to feature me standing there holding the controller, also I want to be able to participate in activities like biking, climbing etc. I no longer bring along my tablet mount because I like my kit to be small for travel and I no longer use it for most of my applications. I really like the idea of people seeing my footage and thinking "wow that's a cool shot" then only afterwards thinking "wait how did he get that shot?" because I do not want it to be apparent that I am using a drone.

So anyway I am looking for tips/advice on ways to obfuscate the controller from footage. Wondering if any of you other Spark pilots out there have come up with some inventive ways to do this. Thanks!

I've done the wave with one hand and hide the remote behind my back, but it doesn't really look natural.

So far I have not really used the controller with my Spark. This has made it somewhat easy to obfuscate the fact that I am flying a drone in my photos/video. However I think now I am going to start using the controller more often for a greater sense of control/security. The issue is that the Spark does not have a timer for photo capture (that I know of) and I do not want all of my footage to feature me standing there holding the controller, also I want to be able to participate in activities like biking, climbing etc. I no longer bring along my tablet mount because I like my kit to be small for travel and I no longer use it for most of my applications. I really like the idea of people seeing my footage and thinking "wow that's a cool shot" then only afterwards thinking "wait how did he get that shot?" because I do not want it to be apparent that I am using a drone.

So anyway I am looking for tips/advice on ways to obfuscate the controller from footage. Wondering if any of you other Spark pilots out there have come up with some inventive ways to do this. Thanks!

The ability to do that has been there all along, (sort of).

I did a test with the "Timed Photos" in the camera settings and it works well.

Set it for the time you need, let the Spark hover and click the photos while you are hiding the remote, and then pose for the shot you want.

Take all of the pictures needed to get the perfect one and throw away the rest.

Put a coin on the ground so you can return to the same spot before hiding the remote.

Use the photo button on the remote with it hidden behind your back. Otherwise the timed shot advice is good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme