Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looks like otg android is back and app download new app 4.2.16 587 Monday 21st May.

Bought my Spark yesterday and Downloaded update 577. Took it out for first time this morning before it rained, got to 600 meters before I got cold feet lol. Not bad for my first flight and flew like a dream with the otg cable.

how can you tell if you are on 557? i downloaded the apk about a week ago and havn't had any updates but under the settings of the app it says: DJI GO 4 v4.2.12(557-googleplay) so i guess its the most up to date yet i've never updated it since?

Reset back to CE
On V4.2.8, every time I get into the DJI Go 4 app, it asked me whether I want to change the WLAN setting (as it detects I am in a CE country, but the app was previously set to FCC). I normally typed CANCEL to retain FCC mode. I noticed v4.2.12 had defaulted me to CE and no longer see the WLAN message to set to FCC (I was Floater to set my GPS location to US).

Any experience here from other Spark pilots?

I noticed this too. Usually the app would ask for frequencies at every start. The .12 version didn't which left me behind wondering if it's CE or FCC. I did fake GPS and DJI app start but no message appeared. On my first real flight outdoors the message reappeared and I was able to hit cancel (which showed me it was still using FCC).

As you see I can't finally answer your question but I would assume the check only happens when you're connected to your RC/AC.

happy to report that otg is working properly and showing wifi bars on samsung s6edge+ and s8+ and have switched wifi channels multiple times to test without any crashes ( i am an old reader of this fourm but 1st time made account today so i can reaply because today finally my sparky made me happy :) hey everyone nice to be here )

god thats impressive! go to Dover this weekend my friends place backs onto a forest so deffo going to try and see how far i can get the spark to fly! although worried about tree interference!

can i ask do you change the position of the control antennas at all? i was flying in an open park recently got it to about 70 meters high above me and it lost connection! this was pre OTG and using auto for wifi channels
No just made sure the back of the antennas was pointing at the spark that's all. Try and do that fcc mod by using a floater app basically it tricks your spark into thinking you are in a fcc country there is loads of YouTube videos how to do this if you need help with it. It makes the spark so much safer.

Reactions: Haggi
FINALLY showed up in the store for me, installed in on my Nexus 6P, and fired it up, all data is working over OTG, along with offline maps. Haven't flown yet though 577 I believe is the build number

Last edited:
No just made sure the back of the antennas was pointing at the spark that's all. Try and do that fcc mod by using a floater app basically it tricks your spark into thinking you are in a fcc country there is loads of YouTube videos how to do this if you need help with it. It makes the spark so much safer.
Might give that a try but bit scared being a newbie flyer!

Yeah! It showed up on the Play Store today for me in the U.S. I was beginning to think 4.2.12 was a prank you veterans were playing on us newbies.:) Now maybe I can use my Samsung Tab A tablet; the video was too laggy on wifi to use it with my Spark.

I was showing 4.2.8 all day in GP in the UK.
It might be a coincidence but I force stopped 4.2.8 and immediately got the update notice to 4.2.12_577.

I made the update today, went in a field wide open, 0 interferences, connected the controller to the phone via the otg cable. The drone wifi settings auto, mostly in 5.8 GHz, fcc mode. The video feed was horrible as usually, and the connection interruptions begun after 300m distance. At 500m, it became unusable. Signal lost, huge lag of the comands, etc. It drives me crazy!

I made the update today, went in a field wide open, 0 interferences, connected the controller to the phone via the otg cable. The drone wifi settings auto, mostly in 5.8 GHz, fcc mode. The video feed was horrible as usually, and the connection interruptions begun after 300m distance. At 500m, it became unusable. Signal lost, huge lag of the comands, etc. It drives me crazy!
Interesting, the only time that i have had signal loss, and lag was when I use WiFi, did you put your phone in airplane mode?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav