Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

LOSS OF GPS

Roger Hall

Join
Dec 23, 2017
I was frustrated with the gesture mode and I called DJI support for help. They had me install new firmware via DJI Assistant 2. I did that and it didn't help even after recalibration of everything. I did however, lose my GPS function. I called back and was informed that this was a glitch and I had to wait for new firmware. I downloaded the latest firmware today and I still don't have GPS. Called DJI and they are shut down due to technical reasons.

Anybody else with the same issues?

I was frustrated with the gesture mode and I called DJI support for help. They had me install new firmware via DJI Assistant 2. I did that and it didn't help even after recalibration of everything. I did however, lose my GPS function. I called back and was informed that this was a glitch and I had to wait for new firmware. I downloaded the latest firmware today and I still don't have GPS. Called DJI and they are shut down due to technical reasons.

Anybody else with the same issues?

My Spark Flew away after 11 seconds of flight in a completely unobstructed and remote place. At 500 feet away the Drone dropped reception to the controller and just flew away at 35 MPH never to be seen again. It could have flew into a highway traffic, kids in a park, path of an airplane. DJI looked at the flight data and said because it was in ATTI mode it was totally my fault. I feel this is ridiculous. They refuse to answer these questions:
1) Even thought it was in ATTI why did it loose connection to my controller in a remote area with no RF interference or physical obstructions?
2) There are audible warnings about taking off, landing, low battery, etc. but if you are at such a risk of losing your Drone when unknowing it is in ATTI mode, why is there not a similar warning?
3) The area I was at had STRONG GPS signal which I tested, why will they not answer my question why the failure of the GPS was not the true problem. Search the GPS issues with Spark and see how many have had iGPS issues!
4) When the Drone lost connectivity to the controller, why did it not stop and hover as they said it should have done? I could have retrieved it had this happened.
I believe DJI should replace my Drone for 3 reasons:
a) GPS failure
b) Drone did not stop and hover when losing connectivity (thus could result in very dangerous consequences). Two DJI agents said it should have stopped by design.
c) Inadequate warnings when flying in a dangerous condition they call ATTI mode
I look forward to DJI answering these points

My Spark Flew away after 11 seconds of flight in a completely unobstructed and remote place. At 500 feet away the Drone dropped reception to the controller and just flew away at 35 MPH never to be seen again. It could have flew into a highway traffic, kids in a park, path of an airplane. DJI looked at the flight data and said because it was in ATTI mode it was totally my fault. I feel this is ridiculous. They refuse to answer these questions:
1) Even thought it was in ATTI why did it loose connection to my controller in a remote area with no RF interference or physical obstructions?
2) There are audible warnings about taking off, landing, low battery, etc. but if you are at such a risk of losing your Drone when unknowing it is in ATTI mode, why is there not a similar warning?
3) The area I was at had STRONG GPS signal which I tested, why will they not answer my question why the failure of the GPS was not the true problem. Search the GPS issues with Spark and see how many have had iGPS issues!
4) When the Drone lost connectivity to the controller, why did it not stop and hover as they said it should have done? I could have retrieved it had this happened.
I believe DJI should replace my Drone for 3 reasons:
a) GPS failure
b) Drone did not stop and hover when losing connectivity (thus could result in very dangerous consequences). Two DJI agents said it should have stopped by design.
c) Inadequate warnings when flying in a dangerous condition they call ATTI mode
I look forward to DJI answering these points
Welcome to the forum.

Please don't post the same thing over and over.

Please see the response you received in another thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme