Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost connection AC + RC + IOS + OTG

Mahmoud

Join
Aug 25, 2017
hello every body

Actually I was trying to fly my AC with RC & OTG cable and after checking every thing it needs to fly and after reaching 19 meters only I lost connection between the RC and AC and the Mobile screen blanked and indicator lamp of RC becomes red around 4 or 5 seconds the AC automatically start the RTH and reconnected again to RC automatically. I tried many times and same result. By the way I live in kuwait and I have broadband tower on my building where I tried to fly near it. Need your advice.

On the iOS device was Bluetooth turned off?

Reactions: Mahmoud
Are you sure that the antennas are correctly orientated as describe in the manual?

Sent from my SM-G950F using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app
Yab,
Are you sure that the antennas are correctly orientated as describe in the manual?

Sent from my SM-G950F using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app
yes , I djusted the antennas on the right position as described on the manual. I think I should try to flay my drone on an open area with no obstaclles .

What I got my Mavic back in December , I had to fly primarily in and around a lot of buildings, and then learned about "rebar" - Iron rods that hold concrete together as in the floors, parking garage is etc. My parking garage that I flew off of, I got many erratic flights ....even though the compass said OK, it really wasn't, Now just open fields and lots, and everything is perfect. Also there's a lot less drama for me , when I'm above 200 feet…

Yab,

yes , I djusted the antennas on the right position as described on the manual. I think I should try to flay my drone on an open area with no obstaclles .
At start to troubleshoot, yes it is better to fly in really open area with the minimum or now wifi and bluetooth devices. You must be also have a direct view to the Spark as the radio waves for this frequencies are highly attenuated by buildings or event tree. If through the Spark camera, you can see your self (or at least the location where you are), then you have line of sight to the Spark.
The best currently is to fly with everything set to latest version (Go4 app, RC and Spark).
19 meters distance is totally abnormal, maybe the broadband tower you mention is operating at the same band as the Spark.

You can also try to troubleshoot (best at an open area) by first using only your phone with wifi connection to the Spark, should reach 50-100m, there is in any case a limit of 100 meters by the Go4 app in this mode.
Then if Ok, try Phone - RC - Spark, all with wifi, no cable and check. You can also see in the wifi settings (in Go4 app, when connected using wifi) if some channels have a lot of noise, they will appear as red bars. In this configuration you could reach 500 - 1000 meters (if you are in CE mode, double in FCC mode at least). Wifi, bluetooth and any device transmitting on 2.4G or 5.8G is potentially limiting the range.
Then if ok, you can try to use the cable connection.

What I got my Mavic back in December , I had to fly primarily in and around a lot of buildings, and then learned about "rebar" - Iron rods that hold concrete together as in the floors, parking garage is etc. My parking garage that I flew off of, I got many erratic flights ....even though the compass said OK, it really wasn't, Now just open fields and lots, and everything is perfect. Also there's a lot less drama for me , when I'm above 200 feet…
Thanks for your opinion
At start to troubleshoot, yes it is better to fly in really open area with the minimum or now wifi and bluetooth devices. You must be also have a direct view to the Spark as the radio waves for this frequencies are highly attenuated by buildings or event tree. If through the Spark camera, you can see your self (or at least the location where you are), then you have line of sight to the Spark.
The best currently is to fly with everything set to latest version (Go4 app, RC and Spark).
19 meters distance is totally abnormal, maybe the broadband tower you mention is operating at the same band as the Spark.

You can also try to troubleshoot (best at an open area) by first using only your phone with wifi connection to the Spark, should reach 50-100m, there is in any case a limit of 100 meters by the Go4 app in this mode.
Then if Ok, try Phone - RC - Spark, all with wifi, no cable and check. You can also see in the wifi settings (in Go4 app, when connected using wifi) if some channels have a lot of noise, they will appear as red bars. In this configuration you could reach 500 - 1000 meters (if you are in CE mode, double in FCC mode at least). Wifi, bluetooth and any device transmitting on 2.4G or 5.8G is potentially limiting the range.
Then if ok, you can try to use the cable connection.
Thank you for your opinion

So bluetooth has to be off.
I've got a Garmin GLO coming tomorrow for the WiFi only Ipad mini-4 which will
connect to the GPS device via bluetooth.
Hmmmmmmm.........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar