Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost connection to go4 app

ANT0407

Join
Mar 20, 2018
I just went out for a flight and I kept losing connection to the go4 app. I would get maybe 50 ft away or up and lose the video feed and it would say no signal. When I bring it closer it works again. I do have a controller so 50ft away should not be a problem. Any thoughts? Thanks everyone in advance for any insight or solutions.

Reactions: Frank
Firstly location can be an issue ie lots of metal around. or WiFi interference Bluetooth devices etc.

I always check where I'm flying remove my Bluetooth smart watch. And fly in airplane mode and most importantly for me anyway I use an OTG cable otherwise My flights can be similar to your op.

I just went out for a flight and I kept losing connection to the go4 app. I would get maybe 50 ft away or up and lose the video feed and it would say no signal. When I bring it closer it works again. I do have a controller so 50ft away should not be a problem. Any thoughts? Thanks everyone in advance for any insight or solutions.
I had a couple disconnects when i was recording audio, i also noticed a couple disconnects when taking AEB photos (2 sec after the photo, evertime) both only 100ft away and with the controller (no otg cable).

I'm going to try taking my smart watch off. Although I've been flying with it on for some time . I'm also going to try 5.8 wifi which has less traffic. I'll let you know how it works

I hope DJI fixes this on the next update, rather than having to downgrade to previous versions.

I just called dji support. They told me that they have updated the GPS for the next update. They told me to email the flysafe department and they would give me a token to be able to fly in my area until the next update. Once I have the token I'm supposed to call support back.........seems odd but I'll let you know if it works

I just had this happen to me a couple days ago.
I could still fly the drone, but said lost connection. Didn't matter if I was 5 feet from the drone or 300'. And the day before I was flying in exact same location with no problems. And the lost connection happened in multiple locations.

I just had this happen to me a couple days ago.
I could still fly the drone, but said lost connection. Didn't matter if I was 5 feet from the drone or 300'. And the day before I was flying in exact same location with no problems. And the lost connection happened in multiple locations.

And I'm using a Samsung galaxy s8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar