Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

LOST CONNECTION "WARNING:COMMAND TIMED OUT"

Xtian1206

Join
Jul 22, 2017
first off i havw the fly more combo. i am on the latest dji go app, use an iphone and connect via OTG.

i have done all my flying just around my property as i want to make sure all the issues of lost connections, and dropping from the sky issues and etc. are ironed out.

ive had this spark since july 25 and have flown it almost entirely around my property which in a subdivision with no power lines or the like that have caused any interference. since ive had this spark, i have not had any obvious issues until yesterday when me ands my son was flying the spark as usual around my house. since my son was also flying, i even had the app set at beginner mode.

well all was well until we lost connection and the prompt WARNING:COMMAND TIMED OUT. I guess this came up after i issued return to home commands probably at least 3 times. i immediately had my son go around the house to see if i he can find the spark and also with me running behind to see if i can get the connection back.

my son eventually found it at the back of the house hovering and ultimately got connection back and had RTH.

this was really a scary thing and all after i thought my spark was ready for primetime and i can take it to my mountain bike trail.

i tried to replicate the issue by flying with 2 more batteries with my final flight getting to max altitude @120m and distance of 1/2 mile.

can someone please help me and see how I LOST MY CONNECTION via OTG after 55flights. i really want to take the spark to the trails with me and start having real fun with it.

thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Ummm.. Do you have line of site to the spark? Is your house in between you and the Spark when you are flying? If so, move your house to the left or right so you can get line of site to the spark.

Reactions: bennie
Tree/vegetation can also affect the connection if they are between the Spark and your RC.
Command timed out is nothing, just you loose the connection and then you trigger a RTH but that command never get confirmed by the Spark.
From your description, it seems you try to fly behind your house or does the Spark went behind it on its own ?
@Mako79 is right, you need to have no obstacle between the Spark and you, you loose quickly the connection, this is what is called "line of sight".

In the Spark, there is also flight log with all details of the flight. The best is usually to retrieve the .DAT flight record of the Spark as explained HERE. You can upload them to something like dropbox and post a link here. Then it can be checked more in details. There is limited space for these flight records in the Spark, older are deleted to have space for new, so retrieval should be done as early as possible. You can also do it yourself from the DAT file and plot flight parameters using the CsvView tools available HERE.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar