Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost descending control

Wayah

Join
Jan 15, 2018
good morning, recently when flying the sparks altitude read negative altitude even though the spark was 10 feet off the take off platform which was about another 10 feet from the ground. When I hit stuck down to lower the spark it would not respond only land. I was not in sport mode and out of beginners mode. I tried an IMU Calibration and received an error code 27. Not sure what’s going on. Any suggestions? I did upload the flight logs and sent it to DJI. (At least I think I did it right) but have not heard back.

I tried an IMU Calibration and received an error code 27. Not sure what’s going on.

Here's a thread on the PhantomPilots with the error on a Phantom from 5 years ago.

There was a video in the thread that I didn't watch.

Maybe something similar with the Spark?

Good Luck. :)

Last edited:
Your welcome.:cool:

Hope it helps.

good morning, recently when flying the sparks altitude read negative altitude even though the spark was 10 feet off the take off platform which was about another 10 feet from the ground. When I hit stuck down to lower the spark it would not respond only land. I was not in sport mode and out of beginners mode. I tried an IMU Calibration and received an error code 27. Not sure what’s going on. Any suggestions? I did upload the flight logs and sent it to DJI. (At least I think I did it right) but have not heard back.
Maybe you laser sensors bellow the Spark have an issues or the 2 small red windows need some cleaning.
Did you checked what report the Go4 app as altitude?

Yes, it gave me a red negative reading for altitude. Still not sure why it would not descend with stick control, it would only land. Will check logs. Thank you all.

I'm wondering if it's a home point/collision avoidance issue - is it significant that the distances are the same.

For example, what if you were trying to land on the ground and the 'home' point was recorded on top of the platform? It would think you're trying to 'go negative' .

Could obstacle avoidance be a factor? If the Home point were reported as being on the ground, then a platform would be seen as an obstacle if you're trying to land on it.

Is something like this possible?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar