Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost my spark today

Seems that a fair warning and a 30 second chance to return to home would be sufficient before grounding a drone. I'm not anywhere near a NFZ other than the local hospital's helipad that is 5.7 miles from my house but I think that causing a pilot to lose a drone is a bit harsh if in fact that pilot has been issued a fair warning and given a chance to correct the situation. Maybe if these instances of flying in a NFZ just put the drone in an unalterable RTH mode would be better for everyone. I however am not saying that blatant or accidental flights in a NFZ is acceptable. As it has been pointed out, there are plenty of apps that inform a pilot of the situation BEFORE takeoff. In other words... fly responsibly as well as safe.

I have never used Geo fencing and don't know how to use it.

Geofencing is built into your DJI drone unless it's modded to remove it. It's part of the Precise Fly Safe Database updates to the aircraft and the app.
So there may be something else going on besides just the NFZ with the original post. Maybe he didn't have enough GPS satellites where he originally took off and the Spark didn't know it was in the NFZ? When he got a GPS lock it determined it was in the NFZ and landed? Did the op ever post the flight log?

Geofencing is built into your DJI drone unless it's modded to remove it. It's part of the Precise Fly Safe Database updates to the aircraft and the app.
Thanks for that information. I will do my homework on it.

If it is not salt water, take off the battery and stick the drone in a bag of rice for a couple days and it might live.

If it is salt water, you're screwed.

If there's one internet myth I'd like to wipe off the planet this is it.
I'm an experienced electronics guy and rice is NOT a desiccant and never will be effective in removing water in any way.
If the item was submerged then rinse in distilled/deionized water.
Then put in a bag and liberally pour 90+% Isopropyl alcohol all over and inside. Swish around and dispose.
Repeat several times and dry with hair dryer on low. Let sit for 24 hrs.
Alcohol absorbs many times its weight in water and is much easier to evaporate. It also won't harm any components inside.
PS: please don't bother saying you know a guy that the rice worked -- if it "worked" it simply wasn't wet enough to matter. The rice didn't do a thing.

I'm an experienced electronics guy and rice is NOT a desiccant and never will be effective in removing water in any way.

Since the subject has been mentioned, I have an HVAC vacuum pump capable of removing moisture from refrigerant lines and thought about building a small vacuum chamber.

Would a vacuum chamber be sufficient in removing the atmosphere aka moisture from devices?

Or would it evaporate the stuff that may be inside the circuit components such as the battery?

Thanks. :)

Since the subject has been mentioned, I have an HVAC vacuum pump capable of removing moisture from refrigerant lines and thought about building a small vacuum chamber.

Would a vacuum chamber be sufficient in removing the atmosphere aka moisture from devices?

Or would it evaporate the stuff that may be inside the circuit components such as the battery?

Thanks. :)

I'd be hesitant that you'd toast the camera since it's somewhat sealed.
Also, vacuum won't evaporate anything - it will suck the air out of any moisture but then the moisture rushes in to fill those voids when you remove vacuum - making your problem exponentially worse.
I know this because I use vacuum to stabilize wood by pulling a vacuum and then the stabilizing resin gets pulled into the wood.

Reactions: Spark 317
Lost my spark today while on vacation in North Carolina. I was flying close to a no fly zone which also happened to be a park area with a salt water marshy area. The drone all if the sudden said landing while I was over the water marshy area. I couldn’t stop it from landing. I’m pretty new at this drone stuff. The drone landed and I list connection. My remote was still beeping and I tried to search for it the marshy area in a Conoe but to no avail I couldn’t find it. Would the drone land itself in the water maybe mistaking the marshy area for ground. Not sure what happened. Any ideas?

If you can't find your Spark, I have a white one for sale.

Spark Fly More Combo w/ 3 Batteries + MavMount 3 + Cable for iPhone/iPad: $500

Spark Fly More Combo was purchased new from DJI Store in June 2017 for $758.00 w/ DJI Care Refresh.
Spark Craft has never been crashed and is in mint condition. Alpine White body color.
Spark Remote Controller works perfectly.
Total Flight Time: 6hr 30 min
Total Distance: 68,187 ft
Total Flights: 120
Spark Fly More Combo consists of:
• Spark Drone
• Spark Remote Controller
• 3 Spark Intelligent Flight Batteries
• Spark Intelligent Flight Battery Charging Hub
• Gimbal Cover
• Spark Propeller Guards
• Extra set of Spark Propellers (unused)
• Spark Shoulder Bag
Additional Kit includes:
• MavMount 3 ($70 new)
• Insignia OTG MicroUSB/USB-A adapter + Belkin USB-A/Lightning cable connects Controller to iPhone/iPad ($25 new)
• Control Stick Guard ($7 new)

Ships in original DJI Spark packaging. Continental US / Canada only.
$500.00
PayPal to [email protected]
Text me @ 415-672-8137 if you're interested in buying this entire package.
I'm not selling any of these items separately.
Kevin

Update on my lost spark. Picked up a new spark on my way home. My wallet has gotten a little smaller, but when one door closes another opens. My wife and I got home from our Rv camping vacation. I decided to put an older drone I had on Facebook market. Next day it sold. Say jalapeno!! Pic of the drone I sold. Thanks for everyone’s input. Amazing knowledge base of drone pilots. I appreciate it.
F57A9BEA-3930-4CA9-9424-FF2260E51DCA.pngF57A9BEA-3930-4CA9-9424-FF2260E51DCA.png

Update on my lost spark. Picked up a new spark on my way home from some
If you can't find your Spark, I have a white one for sale.

Spark Fly More Combo w/ 3 Batteries + MavMount 3 + Cable for iPhone/iPad: $500

Spark Fly More Combo was purchased new from DJI Store in June 2017 for $758.00 w/ DJI Care Refresh.
Spark Craft has never been crashed and is in mint condition. Alpine White body color.
Spark Remote Controller works perfectly.
Total Flight Time: 6hr 30 min
Total Distance: 68,187 ft
Total Flights: 120
Spark Fly More Combo consists of:
• Spark Drone
• Spark Remote Controller
• 3 Spark Intelligent Flight Batteries
• Spark Intelligent Flight Battery Charging Hub
• Gimbal Cover
• Spark Propeller Guards
• Extra set of Spark Propellers (unused)
• Spark Shoulder Bag
Additional Kit includes:
• MavMount 3 ($70 new)
• Insignia OTG MicroUSB/USB-A adapter + Belkin USB-A/Lightning cable connects Controller to iPhone/iPad ($25 new)
• Control Stick Guard ($7 new)

Ships in original DJI Spark packaging. Continental US / Canada only.
$500.00
PayPal to [email protected]
Text me @ 415-672-8137 if you're interested in buying this entire package.
I'm not selling any of these items separately.
Kevin
Thanks. I picked one up on the way home from North Carolina.

If there's one internet myth I'd like to wipe off the planet this is it. I'm an experienced electronics guy and rice is NOT a desiccant and never will be effective in removing water in any way.

I am glad that somebody finally came forth with this information. As a former techie, I knew this already and have used this technique many times myself. Especially with a computer keyboard that has endured a spill. The rinsing as you mentioned is a very important part of this process and must be done with distilled water. I hope that a lot of pilots read your post and take heed of it. ?

Update on my lost spark. Picked up a new spark on my way home. My wallet has gotten a little smaller, but when one door closes another opens. My wife and I got home from our Rv camping vacation. I decided to put an older drone I had on Facebook market. Next day it sold. Say jalapeno!! Pic of the drone I sold. Thanks for everyone’s input. Amazing knowledge base of drone pilots. I appreciate it.

This drone doesnt have NFZ yet?
View attachment 12234View attachment 12234

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast