Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Love and detest the spark at the same time.

eric britt

Join
Sep 20, 2018
I love flying this little drone. Its great DJI built a fret flyer. The software? It is the most maddening little turd i have ever seen! waste half the battery just trying to connect, forget OTG!! If i had known this I would have bought a different drone. I wont recommend it to anyone I know just because of the cursing and you are going to do for the first five minutes of EVERY flight, guaranteed.

Not sure why you're having issues connecting, to Go4 app I assume? I can have my Spark connected and up in the air in 2 minutes, quicker with the OTG cable. Put phone into 'airplane mode' so there's no interference and away you go!

Most likely it is your phone.
Mine will look like and say it connected to the RC but if I rush and go right to the Go4 app it is never connected.
If I wait 7 to 10 seconds after it says connected my phone will pop up a message asking if I want to stay connected, answer yes then go to Go4. (something to do with the lack of internet I think)
Connects every time I wait.

As for the cursing.... never happens to me.

Reactions: suprPHREAK
Most likely it is your phone.
Mine will look like and say it connected to the RC but if I rush and go right to the Go4 app it is never connected.
If I wait 7 to 10 seconds after it says connected my phone will pop up a message asking if I want to stay connected, answer yes then go to Go4. (something to do with the lack of internet I think)
Connects every time I wait.

As for the cursing.... never happens to me.
Same here, up in the air in about 30 seconds after the drone is switched on... Both in DJI GO 4 and Litchi.

Reactions: TangoMango
I'm using an OTG cable and DJI GO4 and it takes me about 60 seconds from the Spark being in it's case to having the thing in the air with the controller/phone connected, 14+ GPS locks and a great picture stream. No idea how it's taking you 5+ minutes, that's absurd.

I love flying this little drone. Its great DJI built a fret flyer. The software? It is the most maddening little turd i have ever seen! waste half the battery just trying to connect, forget OTG!! If i had known this I would have bought a different drone. I wont recommend it to anyone I know just because of the cursing and you are going to do for the first five minutes of EVERY flight, guaranteed.
I recommend you get an old iphone 6 without a cellular plan. Just down load the app via wifi, and....flawless. If you need a bigger screen, get an ipad mini 4.
You won't regret the switch to Apple for DJI drones.
I used to use Android, then gave up on it.

Reactions: TangoMango
The only thing I detest in the ridiculously limited video options that we have (FPS options and color Profile limitations). Aside from that, it’s an amazing machine for the price.

I recommend you get an old iphone 6 without a cellular plan. Just down load the app via wifi, and....flawless. If you need a bigger screen, get an ipad mini 4.
You won't regret the switch to Apple for DJI drones.
I used to use Android, then gave up on it.

I have to fully agree with you here. I have an LG V20 that is recommended by DJI that has been 100% nothing but trouble. Plug in iPad Pro...boots right up and runs absolutely flawlessly. I really wish that I had bought a used iPhone instead of shelling out for the V20. I am sadly becoming more and more of an Apple fan. They just plain work.

I never have a problem either connect an OTG or Wi-Fi up and going within a minute..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar