Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Why do I love Spark so much.

Merlin

Join
Apr 19, 2018
Why do I love the Spark so much when I have a Mini 2 also with it's half hour flight time and over a mile range (UK)?
It's just so hard to describe why I can't bring myself to sell the little guy when I've got its newer high tech brother.
Weird...

“Magic,” Merlin, as only you can know, works wonders for little drones like our Spark. Don’t ask me how it works, I just love to fly it. I’m with you

Reactions: BrianP
Why do I love the Spark so much when I have a Mini 2 also with it's half hour flight time and over a mile range (UK)?
It's just so hard to describe why I can't bring myself to sell the little guy when I've got its newer high tech brother.
Weird...
The legendary spark...simple, sophisticated and eye chatching...

Reactions: BrianP
I am still in awe that DJI has dropped the Spark completely considering it's popularity and features. Now batteries are twice the original price and hard to find at that. I think that all of the Spark owners and enthusiasts around the world should take a stand and hit DJI with massive requests for the return of the Spark along with upgraded less expensive batteries until they give in and honor that request. Can we start a petition on this somehow?

Unbreakable :
Some months ago in northern Finland , this stupid bloke crashed his spark near a lake in a wood while in Litchi coarse lock mode. I didn't realise evrything worked opposite.
5 minutes and one propeller later , it was flying again and saved my vacation. Unfortunately this lesson wasn't enough for me , so a few weeks ago, I crashed it again in Litchi follow mode behind me on my motorcycle . Height was set to 15 meters but there was a 20 meter tree on its traject. So it smashed in kamikaze mode into the tree at a speed of 50km/h . Very spectaculair to see the video.
This time , it took me 2 propellers, a led cover and 5 minutes to get it back into the air making brilliant footage again :)
(Will make a promo video of that on youtube)
Once my MP fell to the ground from 3 meters : a complete 150€ rebuild to change a propeller, gimbal plate, cooling fan, gimbal motor and covers was neccesary.
Never :
pics and video out of focus
flat colors
loosing time to get it in the air or to charge batteries .

Reactions: Ardisson
Unbreakable :
Some months ago in northern Finland , this stupid bloke crashed his spark near a lake in a wood while in Litchi coarse lock mode. I didn't realise evrything worked opposite.
5 minutes and one propeller later , it was flying again and saved my vacation. Unfortunately this lesson wasn't enough for me , so a few weeks ago, I crashed it again in Litchi follow mode behind me on my motorcycle . Height was set to 15 meters but there was a 20 meter tree on its traject. So it smashed in kamikaze mode into the tree at a speed of 50km/h . Very spectaculair to see the video.
This time , it took me 2 propellers, a led cover and 5 minutes to get it back into the air making brilliant footage again :)
(Will make a promo video of that on youtube)
Once my MP fell to the ground from 3 meters : a complete 150€ rebuild to change a propeller, gimbal plate, cooling fan, gimbal motor and covers was neccesary.
Never :
pics and video out of focus
flat colors
loosing time to get it in the air or to charge batteries .
The unbeatable spark..

Weird...
Its easy Merlin the spark is addictive in a strange kind of way I cannot let go either!!! over 100 flights of dependable excellence! that is why we are attached!!!

As a photographer, rather than dronie, photo's first for me rather than flying toy...lens is great at that mp count, contrast and colours from lens can exceed the dji's at same mp count twice the price. I use some sony digital cameras with 8mp count, but with a Carl Zeiss lens, and a lumix 10mp (Leica design lens) that produce superb detail and contrast, and they cost 3-10$ in charity stores! All about the lens and photographer.

I agree, there is something very special about the Spark.
Have had the M1P a bit longer than the Spark, and fly the Spark much more often as it's just so easy to take away on travels in cabin bag.
Both drones are epic originals from DJI, and both are ultra reliable.

The trouble with having 2 drones, both with extensive kit, is getting them both in the air as often as I should.
Always painful to check batteries (11 of them) each month to ensure charge is ok, top up now and then and fly if time / weather permits.

It I ever got into FPV, I fear the little Spark and Pro would just deteriorate in battery condition to the point of being bricked, as I couldn't bear to sell either really.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme