Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Manual exposure...

Guzziknight

Join
Jul 8, 2017
How much control do you have over exposure for still images on the Spark? I know it doesn't shoot RAW, which is a big negative for me, but can you put a histogram on the screen like o when flying a Phantom?

I read that the only AEB setting are 3 stops, .7 on each. Can you manually increase/decrease the EV to extend the bracketing?

I'm coming off a Phantom 3 Pro, and still trying to decide if the Spark will work for me, or if I need to bite the bullet and buy a Mavic.

Thanks

You are asking good questions, you seem to know a fair amount about photography. While we would love to sell you a Spark it appears you might enjoy the specs of the Mavic more. Raw imaging, flight time, flight distance, better burst shooting, better bracketing. They are both great aircraft but are different in design purpose. Reading your post makes me think you have already know which way you should go. Having both is not a bad way to go either :) If we can help you further please contact us.

Spark Specs...Spark – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Mavic Specs...Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Thanks. While I know I would prefer a Mavic, my wallet has other thoughts, LOL.

I'm trying to figure out if the Spark can do enough of what I want, but I haven't found enough info yet about the questions I have.

Reactions: sebip
I've seen some decent shots from the Spark, but if you're looking for quality & portability then "stash away" a few more dollars and get the Mavic. The base Spark is $500 and contrary to what anyone says you WILL need the $150 RC, so now you're $650. Throw in 2 batteries and you're nearing the $800 range. Which at this this point you'll want the $700 Fly More Combo.

That's a given. If I buy a Spark, it has to be the fly more combo. Then I'd need a couple more batteries on top of that, which will put me well over $800.

If I buy the Mavic, it'll have to be the base with only 1 battery for now. I'll have to buy more batteries and a charging hub later. I already have a good camera backpack that will fit the Mavic perfectly, so at least I don't have to spend that money.

That's basically what I did when I bought my Mavic...I had no need for the Fly More and just bought the hub and batteries when they became available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex