Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mavic mini

Sparkyman

Join
Sep 15, 2019
I was wondering if there is any spark flyers out there that would sell there spark and buy a Mavic mini..in my mine I would not ..I like the front avoidance sensor on the spark.

Reactions: graywoulf
Agreed. For me, not enough plus to make up for the minus. If I feel the need to upgrade from the Spark, I want it to be a clear improvement in capabilities, not a compromise such as I see in the Mavic Mini. It will sell, just not to me.

Before it was released yesterday, I was seriously thinking about buying the Mavic Mini, but after seeing the specs, I don't think I will. No obstacle avoidance, no AEB photos, no active track, etc. Same camera sensor as Spark, yes, it is 2.7k, but I don´t care too much about that, who can tell the difference between 1080, 2.7k and 4k on youtube and smartphones? The mini is too stripped of features for the money in my opinion. I think the only real advantage to the Spark is the battery, the 3 axis gimbal, and of course the weight, beeing less than 250gr. almost convinced me, but seeing the lack of other features... it's not enough for me to the leave the Spark and buy the mini.

Okay, okay, l Ioads of videos out there already, but thinm this highlights the quite basic camera functions, compared to the Spark.

The Mini looks so cheap, light and toy-ish. I just can't get over how the plastic looks brittle, thin and I really don't like the color. It's all aethestics, but none the less, it's not a captivating drone in my eyes....

The Mini looks so cheap, light and toy-ish. I just can't get over how the plastic looks brittle, thin and I really don't like the color. It's all aethestics, but none the less, it's not a captivating drone in my eyes....
I think the bland look is to encourage you to color it with markers and stickers from the DIY Creative Kit. :)

"a DIY Creative Kit is available, which provides blank shell stickers and colorful markers that can be used to personalize and decorate Mavic Mini. The DIY Kit can be purchased separately at the DJI Online Store."

Since I don't fly in the rain, I think I'll just use my granddaughter's magic markers and save a few bucks! :p

I think the bland look is to encourage you to color it with markers and stickers from the DIY Creative Kit. :)

"a DIY Creative Kit is available, which provides blank shell stickers and colorful markers that can be used to personalize and decorate Mavic Mini. The DIY Kit can be purchased separately at the DJI Online Store."

Since I don't fly in the rain, I think I'll just use my granddaughter's magic markers and save a few bucks! :p

I’m not looking For a coloring project.

It also seems to me that the Mini has no LEDs, which precludes night flight, which is allowed here in Canada with the appropriate lighting. The LEDs on the Spark are also useful as status indicactors in my mind.

I’m not in a shopping mode, but for my interests it seems that the mini has some powerful advantages. And that is because I feel that the best videos and images come after flying, during video editing. I also just don’t have much time when hiking so longer time in the air means less takeoffs and landings on sometimes precarious places. And let’s face it, 3 gimbal camera that is 60fps capable is a big advantage. 60fps enables slow-mo edits that actually look good. Obstacle avoidance, hmmm. That helped my early Spark flying but I’m not sure it helps these days. A feature i would perhaps miss is Follow mode, something ive rarely used but when I did, it gave fantastic results. My thoughts for the day.

Reactions: Stogies
No Mavic Mini for me. ? Obviously the lack of important features and cheap build is why the price is so low. DJI did not do themselves a favor by replacing the Spark with this one. They should have upgraded the Spark with a 3 axis gimbal and added rear and top mounted sensors instead. I agree that the MM has the qualities of a low cost camera pocket drone.

Reactions: GeoM1
Definitely considering purchasing a Mavic Mini but I am ABSOLUTELY keeping my Spark. Although my wife wants me to get one of the larger Mavics… LOL

Reactions: AdamBoltGC
I’m getting one for the reason that I don’t have to ask for a LAANC approval all the time to fly my birds, even the small Spark that I carry with me all the time. Too many airports here in California. 2.7K is good enough for me since I always do a post before I publish them in social media. I turn off the OA sensor all the time to increase the battery life on the Spark and I normally get around 14 minutes flying time. Osmo Pocket and MM fits in a small case.

Reactions: GeoM1
first picture, was a mp4 file from the MM, shows a little bit to much blue in histogram, second picture shows dynamic range 0=pure black, 1023=pure white. the full range is used.
Compare whith myMavic pro is this quite good!

Reactions: nilanjan118
I was wondering if there is any spark flyers out there that would sell there spark and buy a Mavic mini..in my mine I would not ..I like the front avoidance sensor on the spark.
I’m thinking about selling my spark for the mini. I like the longer flight time with the mini.

I wouldn't mind having one, but I wouldn't trade the Spark for it. Obstacle avoidance is big in my book. It's the difference between plowing into some poor unsuspecting person or anything else that gets in flight path or not. I'm thinking that's why they have those b*tt ugly prop guards. Those things are hideous and would be a disaster in the wind judging by how poorly the Spark fly's in gusty conditions while using prop protection. Mainly though..it doesn't hold a candle to the Spark in the look's dept. and neither do any of the rest of the Mavic line in my opinion.
It's a big wide world and I'm thinking that DJI figured they could lure in beginners in the USA a lot cheaper with the Mini and of course there should be a huge market for it in other more restrictive country's.
I have a remote cert. but I guess I have forgotten that you can fly some drones close to airports as Roy says.

Reactions: Andro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast