Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Mavic Pro or Mavic Air

Yes it returns...slowly. It's a bit hard to describe but it feels a bit like being on a boat at sea. Check out some videos out there. Now that I've notice it I see it on pretty much on all MP videos.

Extreme examples would be here :

People will tell you to fix by using C2+ISO wheel to reset it but it's only a temporary fix until the next yaw/turn.

Reactions: Monica
Ya, I watched a bunch of those videos with "the fix" and its why I asked. I guess it is down to how much you fly and whether you simply incorporate these fixes into every pre-flight check. I still cant decide whether it would be a deal breaker for me. I see lots of great MP videos out there too.

It's just a temporary fix to level the horizon once it's out of whack after you yaw or turn. It's not like you can reset before you fly and be done with the problem for X minutes. The reset is going to be visible when you perform it so it will have to be edited out. Doable of course but annoying. Now the "tilting" varies from one MP to another apparently, it can be really bad like in the video above, bad like it was on my Alpine or not so much. It's a shame because Occusync and the extra battery life are great.

It's just a temporary fix to level the horizon once it's out of whack after you yaw or turn. It's not like you can reset before you fly and be done with the problem for X minutes. The reset is going to be visible when you perform it so it will have to be edited out. Doable of course but annoying. Now the "tilting" varies from one MP to another apparently, it can be really bad like in the video above, bad like it was on my Alpine or not so much. It's a shame because Occusync and the extra battery life are great.
Sounds like a real nuisance. Thanks for the feedback.

If you go for the MP, grab a set or two of the Platinum props, or just get the MPP, it is really quiet.

Having flown my MP alongside my brother-in-laws Air, seeing how the occusync is all over the wifi, I’d never get anything less in connection unless staying very close.

Size of the MP isn’t really an issue a nice drone backpack and you’re set.

Horizon tilt isn’t an issue if you take it slow.
I’ve backed off my yaw speed considerably and slowed gimbal speed right down low, makes it much easier to control these when using other stick movements, much smoother footage and pretty much eliminates all but ver minor horizon problem.

Hundreds of thousands of MP users are very happy with their drones.

If someone received a MP with some problems (eg with ruined video footage) he should return it.
All DJI customers know that they can return their drone, if it doesn't meet their expectations, or if it doesn't work properly.

MA is a nice little drone, actually it's an upgraded Spark.
It's very portable, with better range than spark, and a 4k camera on it.

MP on the other hand, is a more "pro" drone.
- Better range and flight time.
- Better controller, with all the telemetry on its screen.
- Two remotes can be used at the same time.
- Better and wireless goggles experience.
- Unique flight modes, as Follow Me, Home and Course Lock, Waypoints etc.
- Stronger propulsion system, better in windy conditions, faster, and quieter too.

Maybe I forgot something, but my point about "MA vs MP" was clear, I think.

I know this is a Spark forum, but I'm thinking of buying a new drone. I love my Spark, buy the flight time and 2 axis gimble really have me wanting another drone. I'd live to get a Mavic Pro 2 but can't afford one right now.. so I'm looking at the Mavic Pro and the Air, which one would you guys purchase and why? Oh I'm also using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 and my Galaxy 9+.
Hi there I own a Spark and a Mavic Platinum I would defiantly go for the pro it's that much more but what you would pay for the air it's not worth it. Love my platinum your decision good luck

Yeah but that's a one-time adjustment right ? As soon as you start yawing and turning the tilt will be back for a few seconds. Adjusting helps when you want to take a picture quickly without waiting for the gimbal to level ?

I use it a lot in portrait mode when taking a picture video us different I use it with tripod mode works great for me

Are you saying that in tripod mode you don't get a tilted horizon on yawing and banking ?

image.jpeg[="Monica, post: 89763, member: 9554"]
I know this is a Spark forum, but I'm thinking of buying a new drone. I love my Spark, buy the flight time and 2 axis gimble really have me wanting another drone. I'd live to get a Mavic Pro 2 but can't afford one right now.. so I'm looking at the Mavic Pro and the Air, which one would you guys purchase and why? Oh I'm also using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 and my Galaxy 9+.
[/QUOTE]
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello I have the mavic platinum as well as the Spark the mavic is a brilliant drone

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 6
The mavic platinum is a brilliant drone which I own as well as my Spark. It's expensive to buy I bought the combo slits got 2 batteries etc etc. I should go for this drone you won't be dissapointed. Regards Irvine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme