Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Max Wind Speed

MPhelps81

Join
May 28, 2017
So those of us that have had our sparks for a while: What is the max wind speed that you will fly in? I took a quick trip out to a nearby river and was going to try to get some cool aerial photos of a marina and some sailboats on the river, but the wind was about 16 mph. I took off and hovered for a sec, but the spark seemed to be fighting to stay in place pretty hard so I wasn't confident enough to put it out over the water.

I like it to be 10 mph or under, especially near water. Im probably being overly cautious but it is a small drone.

10-15 mph is my max, and if at the high end I make sure I have the tailwind coming home.

Depends.. if you have controller, you should have sports mode.
If the spark can top speed at 50kph on sports mode then it should handle that wind to maintain hover. Flying it back, maneuvering and making sure footage is stable is another question though.
I dont have the controller, but I found that my video was twitching with around 30kph winds. I havent been able to replicate the twitch though (firmware 0.400).

10-15 mph is my max, and if at the high end I make sure I have the tailwind coming home.
15mph seems to be the limit from what I've experienced thus far.

Here's a test I came across on YT....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit