Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Merry Christmas finally opened the new Spark

shutter13

Join
Dec 1, 2017
Opened, took its maiden flight and then took several hours to get the firmware updated.

I ended up having to use DJI assistant 2 on my pc. I had to force the MacBook Pro to install the software and then it would never log into my account.

OTG was working fine on my 2017 iPad (non pro version WiFi only connected to my phone via personal hotspot). It gave a weak video transmission error, but the video was fine.

I’m keeping it in beginner mode for now, maybe someday all these sticks and buttons won’t confuse me. Not too worried about pics and videos for now, just learning to fly. Now I’m off the the high school track to do some flying.

Merry Christmas to all!

Sparkle today with her new prop guards that I cannot remove. Hmmm...

Attachments

• 25594224_10210714751561944_3588611350393498644_n.jpg
    25594224_10210714751561944_3588611350393498644_n.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: rehan
I'm a big fan of prop guards.

Not only do they protect your investment, they make a great handle.

I can carry the Spark with my pinky finger if my hands are full.:p

I like the prop guards because they make the 'pocket sized' drone look LARGER!

I also got my Spark for Christmas!

Tania your guards are on wrong. White marks go on the props with the white marks on the guards. That’s what the manual says anyway. Not sure it makes a difference.

Tania your guards are on wrong. White marks go on the props with the white marks on the guards. That’s what the manual says anyway. Not sure it makes a difference.

Good catch @Djr01974 :).

Yes in deed it does make difference.

Be careful taking them off.

They slip on and off easily when installed correctly.

I know from the same experience when I received my Spark.:cool:

Got mine yesterday. Finally got some airtime today. Tried gesture mode and about five minutes of free flight. I started with a toy grade GPS quad then moved up to the spark. Glad I had the experience with the toy. Still a little intimidated by the spark.

Congrats to all and enjoy your Spark(s). Also glad to read that you all are taking "baby steps" (i.e. beginner mode, prop guards, etc.). There are others that tend to do the opposite like fly a mile out over open water on their 1st few flights.

Reactions: DJ_EYE and Fletch

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar